SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sara_bergquist

Gorgeous chandelier! Now how do I find the right island pendants?

Sara
6 years ago

I am in love with this dining chandelier from Rejuvenation Hardware! It is 24" wide and the shade is 8" high. The problem is that I have no idea what island pendants to chose that will "work" with this chandelier that will be over the dining table right next to the kitchen island. We have a northwest artsy, natural, slightly craftsman, transitional (think fir trim, fir doors, wood stove, lots of art, functioning butcher block island counter top with natural cherry cabinets and light quartz countertop on the perimeter cabinets) home (which is still in the construction process).

our light is the one on the left, but with nickel hardware instead of the gold.

Our kitchen has a 6'3" long island and a twelve foot ceiling. It is mostly lit with recessed narrow flood lights (due to the high ceiling). I do not want to go with clear glass for the island pendants (dust and glare). Nor do I want fabric shades. We need something strong enough to function as task lighting rather than ambient. I am at a loss to find something that will kind of "go" with this chandelier. I do not need an exact match. Any one have any suggestions? I would appreciate your ideas!

Comments (3)