SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aswtrent

Master Bath Layout/Doorways Opinions Please

aswtrent
6 years ago

Hello everyone! Need other views. Thanks so much in advance for all your opinions and advice. Some background info.... My husband and I (no kids) have lived in a 996 square foot starter home for 19 years. We have outgrown the home many years ago! The kitchen is the most used room in the house and I can't wait to have more than one bathroom!! We purchase a 1/2 acre piece of property in a small subdivision 2 years ago. It;s not a typical subdivision, lots of farmland and overlooks a beautiful hill. I'll try to get a picture of the land later. I have been searching online for stock plans trying to find something that would suit our needs and doesn't look like all the other homes around here (they all look alike). So far, I have found a couple with some changes that would work( link below). We have been playing around with with the floor plan. The master bathroom, closet and laundry room is getting me. I've rearranged it several times. I would like it to have a nice flow for a family of 2 with occasional company. Any ideas and opinions are appreciated!

https://www.thehousedesigners.com/plan/rustic-mountain-3417/?1=0&reverse=True#top

https://www.houseplans.com/plan/2241-square-feet-3-bedroom-2-5-bathroom-2-garage-farmhouse-cottage-craftsman-sp123519

-Also the plan below will have a covered porch across the back and on the front/side.

-Bonus room above garage will be 3rd bedroom/bath.

-The small sitting nook in the dining room is separate. The dimensions for the dining room are wrong. Sitting Nook alone without dining rm is a 8x9

- Would like easy access to laundry room from master bath.

- Linen closet in master bath that doesn't get in the way of walkways.

-I'm also afraid of having too much space or not enough! ( Hard to decide when I've been living tiny for so many years!)

- 3 houses are built on lots- 5a/b, 7 & 8.. Our house will be the fourth house in the subdivision. All lots are sold except 11.

Comments (20)