SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcturbot

My three weeks (and counting) with a Speed Queen FL AFNE9BSP113TW01

Jeffrey Caban
6 years ago

Most of you have probably read my post about my Bosch Nexxt Washer with bearings that were starting to get noisy. If not, you can read about it here-

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5164602/that-dreaded-day-has-finally-come?n=20

Everything turned out just fine but, going into the repair, I was not sure what I would find until I opened it up. I had to order parts too so it would be a couple weeks without a Washer either way and with the volume of Laundry we do in my household I needed something now.

I had a short list of machine that I had been considering for when this day came. I knew I wanted another Front Loader. The list included...

LG WM3770 HWA

Sears Kenmore Elite 41682

I even considered waiting on the Miele W1. They each had their good and bad points.

But I kept going back to Speed Queen Front Loader for some reason. I knew it was soon to be discontinued, I knew it didn't have a water heater, I knew some people absolutely loved their's, others not so much.

I had looked at it in the showroom back in the late Fall '17 and liked what I saw but there was no way I was willing to pay the asking price.

After looking for some time I managed to find a brand new in the box AFNE9BSP113TW01 for a lot less than the $1400 asking price. I made the 1 1/2 hour trek to pick it up with a friend and got it Home and set up.

To be continued-

Comments (42)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths