SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rinahen

would a sectional be best in this long narrow room with all windows?

Rina Henderson
6 years ago
Here is the space we use as our family room..a long narrow room with lower ceilings. Our home is a 1950s ranch and I believe this space was once a screened room that was enclosed, thus the lower ceilings. We need new furniture and am considering a sectional because my teen is dying for a “L sectional” plus we think it would fit the space. The right short end of the room is where we have our tv and really the only place to put the tv. We currently have a large dark entertainment piece which cleverly covers the two windows behind it. We are wanting to get rid of this dated piece so need ideas on how to deal with the windows. Thinking media piece in front of curtains (to combat glare) or maybe enclosing the windows with drywall and do some type of built in. Our space doesn’t have a lot of options for furniture...pretty limited. On the attached drawing (sorry so rough) you’ll see where I think a sectional could go and across you’ll see where I could put a couple of smaller chairs that maybe swivel. Course add rug, coffee table etc... I love the track arm, not over stuffed sofa look and am thinking slipcovered so I can use a light cream color. Thinking creamy walls to expand the space (low ceilings) and add color maybe in drapes, pillows, rug. Unfortunately not much wall space to add art also need ideas on how to treat all the windows. Also, if I do the sectional, I would like to find something reasonably priced so once the daughter goes to college and I get tired of sectional, I won’t be out tons of money. I do want very comfy though. If you have ideas on slipcovered sectionals that are streamlined and not too overstuffed, please share. Thanks for your help! You all have the best ideas!!

Comments (11)