SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimeebroman

Anyone have an easier/ better idea for master suite layout?

Aimee M.
6 years ago

I recently extended my master bedroom and added a 4th bedroom and a 3rd full bathroom to our house. Now, I'd like to make the old "main bathroom" into a half bathroom and use the excess floor space as part of a large master bathroom with open closet area. The problem is that I'm on a slab foundation and a tight budget. After tearing out the drywall, I see that the copper cold water manifold is right in the middle of my proposed shower, which means more digging to re-route to a wall. The below photos are my "before" layout and my "proposed" layout. The yellow line is the main sewer line going to the front yard. The blue dot is the copper cold water stub coming through the concrete. (I plan to connect the hot water at the water heater with PEX in the attic). Just an FYI, I plan on hiring a plumber for the rough plumbing and my husband and I will do all the demo (concrete demo as well), framing, electrical, finish plumbing and tile,drywall etc. I'm looking for a plumbing perspective in particular. Thanks in advance!

BEFORE---

PROPOSED----

SKETCHUP VIEW OF PROPOSED LAYOUT-

Comments (5)