SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indigorosette

It keeps going and going and going.....

Indigo Rose
6 years ago

In late summer of 2016 I bought a potted daisy-like mum plant, not one of those giant mounded plants, and when it died back I meant to plant it outside but never did. Along with some spent hyacinths I bought in Spring '17, I abandoned them all, kept on a tray next to a full-glass not currently used back door. Determined to clean up the area well before Thanksgiving, I went to throw out the mum, but saw buds on one still alive part of it. Pulled out all the other dead plants, cut off dead branches and watered. Later moved it to the LR bow window when it started blooming and was surprised it was still blooming profusely at Christmas. I find it really interesting that it has not yet stopped blooming, and in fact still has more buds! I'm so amazed!! The flowers are singles/daisy-like, a deep orangey-crimson and are such a bright spot on the dreary days that I plan to have flowering plants in the winter from now on. BTW the the hyacinths all bloomed again, too, but as expected, those were rather short lived. Anyone else have an indoor potted mum rebloom for months or another unexpected plant experience?

Comments (6)