What do you do with the stuff that means a lot but nobody wants??
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (140)
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
Related Discussions
What do you mean when you say it'll last...
Comments (7)The problem with anecdotes about old Sub-Zero units (and any other fridges) is that they have nothing to do with the ones they make today. Even though Sub Zero is still probably the best fridge you can buy, I'm not believing for a second the new ones are as good. Back in the 80s I doubt Sub-Zero was using the cheapo Brazilian compressors, Mexican electronics, and Asian fan motors they do today. There have been complaints about reliability and repairability and I remember reading in Consumer Reports a few years back that they were one of the least reliable. Of course I'm not trying to say those things are the norm for them and I'm pretty sure the CR thing was because of a temporary issue they were having that they got around to fixing, but my point is.... just like all the other brands, they aren't perfect....See MoreWhat do you mean by 'support?'
Comments (45)"At the risk of getting flamed, if you are going to be a SAHM, I think you have to accept the childcare duties." To a point, I agree with you. however, I keep reiterating--I WORKED FULL TIME until the end of this last school year and I STILL was primarily responsible for STBSS. NOTHING has changed with the plan for me to not go back to work--except I have put my foot down and said I will not be getting involved in any of the school transportation. I was picking him up at school every day we had him last year and watching him all day every other Saturday, as well. Those Saturdays really used to irritate me because, after a long work week, I was anxious to have some time to unwind myself, even if that meant getting a babysitter for my own daughter for a couple hours. BUT my fiance would never allow me to get a babysitter (even though the girl we use for my own DD is a responsible, highschool junior--senior now--who lives 4 houses down) when his son was there. He was always afraid of upsetting BM. My point is--I was expected to do the bulk of the care for STBSS even when I WAS working. There is no difference now, and, even if I did decide to go back to teaching, because I am able to leave work earlier, he would STILL expect me to do the bulk of care. NOW--in a perfect world, yes, everything would be fine, and I would do for STBSS what I do for my DD. BUT the problem is right now, STBSS is NOT listening to me and watching him is a tremendous burden for me. I also have no real *authority* with STBSS. Fiance is slowly working on that with him and the last few DAYS has been trying to impress upon his son that he MUST listen to me. But we are now having to undo 6 years of his BM telling him the opposite-that he does NOT have to listen to or respect me. That is an uphill battle. If they were both my children, I wouldn't be dealing with these kinds of issues--so being responsible for childcare wouldn't be an issue....See MoreRoom-a-day Den/Office --What do you do with this stuff?
Comments (14)We have made a spare bedroom into an office. This is my space mostly. McCloud has his computer in the other spare bedroom. I'll get a pic of his computer corner when he's off of it. LOL This is an old, corner unit that we keep threatening to replace but never seem to get around to it. It's set up pretty useful with a file cabinet under one section that we added. We also have an old bedroom dresser centered between two piers that held a sheet mirror and light bar over a bed. It's worked great for storage as a credenza....See MoreWhat ‘over-easy’ means plus 49 other “how do you want your eggs?"
Comments (6)I eat eggs every day....or almost every day. Unless making an omelet/frittata or quiche, I seldom put anything with them. Usually for breakfast but often for dinner as well (breakfast for dinner is a standard fall back menu for me). I am not fussy about how they are fixed except that I don't care for them much when eating out....they never cook them the way I like them........scrambled and omelets are always overdone but the others usually underdone. They miss that fine line in between :-))...See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

MOST POPULAR5 Ways to Pare Down Your Stuff — Before It Gets in the Door
Want to free up some room around the house? Rethink gift giving, give yourself a shopping mantra and just say, ‘No, thank you’ to freebies
Full Story
ORGANIZINGStorage Tricks for Those Who Love Their Stuff
Get ideas for clearing the decks without getting rid of all the lovely things you want to keep around
Full Story
MOST POPULARTrending: 13 Warm, Inviting Kitchens You’d Want to Wake Up To
Some of the most popular kitchen photos uploaded to Houzz in summer 2018 offer a recipe for creating a welcoming design
Full Story
LIFEHow to Handle Inherited Things You Don’t Really Want
Whether you’ve inherited a large collection of items or a single bulky piece of furniture, it’s OK to let it go if you don’t need or want it
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESSo You Want to Build: 7 Steps to Creating a New Home
Get the house you envision — and even enjoy the process — by following this architect's guide to building a new home
Full Story
ORGANIZINGHow Much Stuff Is Enough?
Play the numbers game to streamline your belongings, for a neater home and a less-stressed you
Full Story
PETSSo You Want to Get a Cat
If you're a cat lover, the joys outweigh any other issue. If you haven't lived with one yet, here are a few things to know
Full Story
CONCRETEWhy Concrete Wants to Crack
We look at the reasons concrete has a tendency to crack — and what you can do to help control it
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNWhy You Might Want to Put Your Tub in the Shower
Save space, cleanup time and maybe even a little money with a shower-bathtub combo. These examples show how to do it right
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: 2 Tools + 1 Resourceful Guy = Lots of Great ‘New’ Furniture
With scrap wood and a hands-on attitude, a San Francisco renter on a tight budget furnishes his bedroom and more
Full Story

kathyg_in_mi