SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
albert_135

Sun Joe CJ601E-26 CJ601E/602E Wood Chipper Belt

albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

The woman who does my lawn care bought a Sun Joe CJ601E-26 CJ601E/602E Wood Chipper Belt and could not figure out how to replace the old broken one with the new one.

So she left me a new belt and a not-very-old wood chipper.

I cannot find instructions for replacing the belt.

I typed all that just to say this. I cannot get a response from the company when I try to contact them via any of the contact information on their website. Do you know of a link showing how to replace the belt, or, how to get a response from the company?

Comments (5)

• chas045
    6 years ago

I found THIS manual but it sure looks like it doesn't even have a belt.

Edit: the manual suggests you may just need to clean out a jammed up hopper.

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks. I went through that manual again just in case I missed it. It definitely does has a belt.

• 300ft_anin
    6 years ago

hi albert, it looks like the blades attach directly to the motor. like chas said, i don't see a belt mentioned? i watched this video. might help?

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOfh2wLuaBA

• fredbarber
    6 years ago

The full manual for the unit clearly shows a belt as a replacement part, even though it gives no instructions for its installation, and you can buy the belt from lots of places (including Amazon), so there's no question that it has one.

Harbor Freight, which sells many private-label versions of other companies' equipment, appears to sell the same unit under their number 69293. While their user's manual doesn't give instructions for replacing the belt, at least it has an exploded view of the machine. You can download the manual from their site and may find it helpful in sorting out just what you have to remove to get the new belt in.

Good luck.

albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft. thanked fredbarber
  • 300ft_anin
    6 years ago

hi all, looks like there is a belt on that machine. like most homeowner machines, it looks like it is fairly difficult to replace things. i'd suggest working from the top down lol. here's the break down. good luck.

https://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/69000-69999/69293.pdf