SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maiaa

Murder Mystery Dinner menu ideas needed

maiaa
6 years ago

I've been tasked with hosting a murder mystery dinner as our annual staff party. We will have 20 total guests. The theme of the mystery dinner is set in a haunted mansion, so a friend who lives in a house that looks much like a haunted mansion has generously agreed to let us invade her home for the evening. I need menu ideas that are somewhat fancy (to keep with our theme) but will not keep me a slave to the stove all night. I'm looking for non-casserole type dishes that can be made ahead and kept warm/cold. I have all kinds of serving dishes available (heated trays, chafing dishes, etc.) On-site I have an electric cooktop and double electric ovens and multiple refrigerators. No special dietary requirements. The party calls for cocktail hour with appetizers, and then the main meal (this is the part I could really use some ideas on), and dessert with hot chocolate (not sure why the hot chocolate, but it is an explicit requirement of this party pack). Any suggestions are gratefully accepted.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert