SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kj2876

Kitchen - end result

Kristin Craftsman Farmhouse
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

This is not a design dilemma but rather a picture of our kitchen after it has been completed. Some of you may remember, but sometime ago I posted my kitchen layout for our new construction home. If you might remember, I was trying to figure out the best work triangle and island situation. The architectural plan had been worked and re-worked to best suit our family's needs. I could not be happier with this end result, with the seamless flow of this work triangle. Here is my final kitchen layout in all its glory! I am in love with my 8ft. island! It took quite a while for me to put the final stamp of approval on this space and with your help I finally got it right for our family of five :) Originally on plan there was a wall dividing this front part of the kitchen space in half. Also, originally our plan called for a header along this same wall. I had never been a fan of that header so our builder was able to run a beam in the ceiling that houses all of the HVAC needed. On the other side of said wall would have been our study. After careful thought I decided to remove that wall during construction/framing phase and just really open up the kitchen and to give me all of that beautiful natural light that will now stream into the kitchen from the biiig 5ft. window. Our dining table now resides in that space and everyone can now be seen. Kudos to one of the pros on here for helping me to see that potential. Sooo many possibilities now! To the left of the kitchen and across from slider is space that will soon house a little coffee bar and cute craft space for my littles (And me). And to the left of that upper cab. beside sink? I am in the process of building some open shelving, farmhouse style! I just wanted to quick share the end result and I am in love! Thanks for everyone's help after first posting months ago.

Comments (7)