SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcguigan7

manila oak cortec photos needed

mcguigan7
6 years ago

does anyone have any pictures of manila oak cortec installed? I am having a hard time finding some pictures of finished flooring. thank you

Comments (95)

• Dawn
    7 months ago

Good question, should they run the same way as adjoining rooms, even though the other room has real hardwood that is a different color? Also, has anyone used the online visualizer tools to view this floor, it looks darker and dull in tool, but sample looks more polished and warm orange tones, which I like with my natural cheery cabinets...worried it might be too much wood, here is my visualizer photo and the actually sample. Any thoughts? Are the floors more of the warn golden, orange color....like in Joni and Vikki's pictures

?

• Malena Montoya
    7 months ago

It has orange tones. I’m not home and most of my closeup photos have a pet in them. Does this pic help?

• Related Discussions

Flooret LVP in Arbor, Brenwick or Kingswood? OR CorTEC Harrison Oak

Q

Comments (740)
    @greenhearted Z5a IL Thank you! It is a tough decision!! I like the floor a lot, but it’s not infallible! I don’t particularly like the grooves, if Flooret had a non-groove option I would have chosen that! Contrary to what people say, stuff does get caught and accumulate in the grooves!! The dark color does show stuff. I don’t know what to say about that. I just didn’t like kingswood, but I would have preferred a slightly more medium brown over brenwick. Other shades were too gray or too light for me. Overall I am quite happy with it. I like the large planks a lot. Workers coming in have been impressed with it...even thinking it’s real sometimes and wanting to know the brand. Truthfully, I’ve had to take care of my dad the last few years in another state and I haven’t been there living in it with day to day use. Only been there once in while for a few days. Kinda crazy. That’s why I disappeared off this thread for a while. So it’s a little bit hard for me to give a thorough review, but I hope this helps...Good luck!!
    ...See More

has anyone used Ezra oak cortec

Q

Comments (8)
    @brendawarrick @robynnelmslie19 @robyn Hi - did either of you actually use the Ezra Oak by Coretec? I am struggling with the same issue - the samples I have gotten seem wonderful but the limited pictures on line are concerning - I do not want too much variation in coloring once the floor is put down. Any advice you could offer would be wonderful - thank you!
    ...See More

does anyone have pictures of Coretec Manila oak? what undertones does

Q

Comments (1)
    If you put manila in the search bar - you should get posts with that word. It doesn't always work but here's one with several photos of different installations. It looks really nice. https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5145335/manila-oak-cortec-photos-needed#n=31
    ...See More

SOS! Cortec Grande Petronas Oak VV662 04013

Q

Comments (14)
    We installed the Grande Petronas Oak two months ago, and I like the look of the varying colors in the planks. The sample is representative of the lighter color, but it worked out for us. There are about 5 distinct "marks" in the pattern, that I, as a designer, was very observant of upon installation. I watched the installers and worked with them to not place the same "marks" near each other, especially side by side, thus making it look not synthetic. If the manufacturer would remove these "marks", I would 100% recommend. As it stands, if I could not have supervised the installation, I would not be happy about placement and the finished product. If your eye is detailed, just be aware.
    ...See More
  • Adrienne Juskalian
    7 months ago

Looks beautiful. Ours will be installed end of next week. I have oak kitchen cabinets too. Company sent some samples in addition to what I brought home from store like you had. Every sample varied. Will post pics next weekend.

What kind of rug pads has everyone used? And what kind of furniture protectors? Thanks.

I did use visualizer. Here’s what it should
    Look
    Like with my living room and kitchen.

• Dawn
    7 months ago

OMG, Malena...I LOVE IT! It looks so pretty, that is how I hope it looks, but the tool makes it look dull and dark. And Adrienna, what site did you go to for the visualizer tool, cuz yours looks nice in tool- not dull like my picture! Please post pictures when they get it installed. Just to clarify Malena the color you got was Manilla Oak CORTex... rigth?

• Malena Montoya
    7 months ago

Yes, Coretec Manila Oak. It’s been installed since February. Depending on how the light hits it, it’ll be warmer/darker or lighter. We’ve gotten many compliments about it. I thought it was too busy from the sample but once installed I love this variation of tones. I have lots of different wood colors in my house and it all seems to blend well.

• Malena Montoya
    7 months ago

One more away from window just in case

• Dawn
    7 months ago

Wow, its crazy how different each picture looks.....but in the end I love each variation . Do you have one with it butting up against your cabinets?

• Malena Montoya
    7 months ago

Not sure my current combination will help you. We had cherry cabinets before and a similar maple laminate previously and I think it went well together, but when we switched to all lvp I redid the cabinets to black and white.

• Adrienne Juskalian
    6 months ago

Malena, it looks beautiful in your home.

Dawn, I used the Coretec visualizer. I had that same sample in my home for weeks along with blended praline. Had such a difficult time trying to decide and finally went with manila oak because of my kitchen cabinets. The company sent me several samples and I lined them up and move them around my house looking at them in different lighting at different times of day. They all really did look very different . I used the Coretec visualizer. These two pictures that I sent you were actually from my computer screen when I had it up on the larger screen. I’ll send you a couple other samples that I had when I had the pieces of flooring laying around in different rooms.

From all the samples that I have seen from other people I think we are both going to love it. It has a lot of warmth to the color and it’s on the lighter side which I preferred over darker wood. So I think it will show less dust and dirt, and goes with everything. I will definitely post some pictures when finished over here.

• Dawn
    6 months ago

Adrienne,

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures, it looks great in every room! Did you get all those samples for free, where can I get them? Here is another pic using the Visualizer tool.....what do you all think? Is it too matchy...?

• Adrienne Juskalian
    6 months ago

Dawn, your cabinets are a darker color than mine and I think they go very nicely. There is definitely a contrast. I originally contacted the company and I set up a 30 minute call with one of their design experts. She has been invaluable in providing her opinion, and giving me information etc. She’s the one that sent me floor samples. It is impossible to make a decision based on that one sample that you get from the flooring show room. I would recommend that you do that as well if you have the time or unless you are ready to pull the trigger now. This whole process took a little time for me.

• Dawn
    6 months ago

Did they charge you for the samples and con

sole?

• Adrienne Juskalian
    6 months ago

No

• Dawn
    6 months ago

Adrienne,

When are you getting floors installed? Can you post pictures after they are done?

• Adrienne Juskalian
    6 months ago

They started today. Will finish tomorrow. They look
    Beautiful. Very pleased with this color choice! Will post more tomorrow. Also took this oppty to redo powder room with new toilet and vanity.

• Adrienne Juskalian
    6 months ago

Finished Manila oak flooring today. Looks beautiful and we are very pleased!

• Dawn
    6 months ago

Adrienne Juskalian OMGosh! They look FABULOUS!!!! I am so glad I checked back on this thread! I really love them so much! It looks so warm and cozy! Can you post more pictures of your kitchen? Thanks again for sharing!!!

• Adrienne Juskalian
    6 months ago

Finished Manila oak flooring today. Looks beautiful and we are very pleased!

Dawn, they are beautiful. We really love them and are happy with our choice. They are very warm. Here are a couple more kitchen pics.

Did you decide yet?

• Dawn
    6 months ago

Wow, I really love them! I was still on fence, but then just saw your post and I think I am loving the Manila Oak!!!! We are not sure if we should do it in family and living room too....? Yours looks awesome, so clean looking and warm!!!!!

I was looking at Blended Praline too. See pics below....

Manila Oak- kitchen view

Manila Oak- view into FR

Blended Parline- Kitchen view

Blended Praline - View into FR

• Dawn
    6 months ago

more pics....

Blended Praline- FR

Manila Oak-FR

• Adrienne Juskalian
    6 months ago

We had the exact same two colors that I went back and forth on for weeks. I moved those boards around from room to room with lighting all different times of the day. It was such a hard decision. I have some more earthtone colors in my living room, and dining room, and my wall colors are darker than yours. I think they would both go nicely, but I really believe the manila oak is a warmer, richer, feel and look. Take a look at some of the earlier pictures that I posted of my living room and dining room. Even in my powder room with dark brown wall color it looks nice. But we’re going to lighten up that wall. The kitchen has darker wall colors too.

• Dawn
    6 months ago

Thanks for the feedback! I hope I can decide soon, its been a long process! I love your floors, they look so pretty!

• Adrienne Juskalian
    6 months ago

Thank you, Dawn. I definitely understand and feel your pain. It was an extremely difficult decision for me too but we are happy with our decision. My husband wanted blended praline because of the soft pillowy edge where manila oak has the painted beveled edge. He was so concerned that things would get stuck and dirt would go in those grooves. It has not been that long but that does not seem to be the case. But the manila oak just seems to have a much warmer appearance and feel to it. I don’t think he would be disappointed.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or if you need to see more pictures. And I hope you will share your final decision and pictures once you decide and get the flooring installed. Good luck to you.

• Dawn
    6 months ago

Adrienne Juskalian

Hi Adrienne- Your husband sounds just like mine, mine says the deep bevel edge will collect dirt and debris, like he is going to be the one cleaning it- haha! I actually am drawn to the MO because of the enhance painted beveled edge! I think it makes it look more like real wood. I definitely will post before and after...hopefully it wont be too long from now. We are also trying to select a new counter top, so wanted to get that installed first, but having same issue- just cant decide. i finally thought I had settled on something, but I started seeing bad views about manufactures as well as fabricators. It's so hard to trust the warranties they offer when I read how people are getting screwed cause company wont honor it and it's a "lifetime" warranty! I like the matte Britannica by Cambria, but I see 8 complaints against the company - doesn't give me a warm fuzzing feeling. Then you have to worry about the fabricators- will they be skilled enough to install the counters so veins/design match up at the seams! I want that warm and fuzzy that they will produce what I am paying for....not getting it right now!

• Adrienne Juskalian
    6 months ago

Dawn, all home renovations are challenging and stressful. The MO edges do make it look like real wood. I really think you would be very pleased with that choice. So far the grooves are not a problem. The new swiffer dry specifically states it gets in those grooves. Good luck with all your decisions. I can’t wait to see what you decide!

And do your homework for sure and ask a million questions. Best to do your due diligence!

• Dawn
    6 months ago

Thanks Adrienne! You have been very helpful....I hope I can decide soon!!

• Adrienne Juskalian
    5 months ago

Let me know what you decide!

• Dawn
    5 months ago

Adrienne Juskalian still looking!!!

• Adrienne Juskalian
    5 months ago

Take your time. It’s an expensive project and you want to love it!

• oval14
    5 months ago

You are so supportive. 🥰

• Dawn
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

@Adrienne Juskalian

Adrienne Juskalian

Hey Adrienne, I am still looking at manilla oak, can you tell me if you see a lot of the grey color or is more warm golden feel. If you have pictures of kitchen in day time please share. Ty

• Adrienne Juskalian
    5 months ago

Hi Dawn. I’ll try to remember to take some pictures tomorrow morning if the sun is shining or later in the day when I have the afternoon sun in the kitchen area. I am not a gray person and don’t have any gray in my color scheme. My color scheme is mostly earth tones with browns and beiges, etc. so I don’t see any gray in this floor. I just see warm colors. Hope that helps

• Adrienne Juskalian
    5 months ago

And, Dawn, I will share that this floor withstands a lot. Plumber came last week to reinstall my dishwasher as it was not secure. I was watching and cringing as I saw him drag it away from the opening onto my floor and then the waterline had a leak and there was water dripping on my floor. He wiped up the water, and when he pushed the dishwasher back into place, there were scuff marks on the floor from where he pulled it out. he took a soapy paper towel and scrubbed the floor and it was like brand new. So it really is a good quality floor. I really think you will be happy with it.

• Adrienne Juskalian
    5 months ago

Here are some pics I had

• Dawn
    5 months ago

@Adrienne Juskalian

Thanks so much. I think 🤔 am going to either order a box or just go for it! I will keep you posted. I appreciate your response!!!

• Adrienne Juskalian
    5 months ago

I would go for it! But if you feel more comfortable order a
    box first. Here are some pics from this morning with the sun shining in. Keep me posted

• Dawn
    5 months ago

Adrienne Juskalian

OMGOSH, its even prettier with the sun hitting it! Did you install yourself? How many boxes did you need?

• Adrienne Juskalian
    5 months ago

Oh no. We couldn’t do it. We had it professionally installed by a local flooring company. Don’t remember. Depends on your square footage. We are very happy with it and love the color.

• oval14
    5 months ago

You made the right choice Adrienne, it looks great in your home. We have a box of this we are looking at now, it's the best for our home of all the samples we've seen!

• Adrienne Juskalian
    5 months ago

Thank you, @oval14. We were between Manila oak and blended praline. So happy we chose Manila oak. Good luck to you and let us know what you decide. Share some pics!!

• Dawn
    5 months ago

oval14 Adrienne Juskalian

I am going to order a box tomorrow! Have you ever heard of https://www.bestlaminate.com/coretec-plus-enhanced-plank-manila-oak-50lvpe760-wpc-vinyl-flooring/ I was going to order from there, it looks a little cheaper then purchasing from the local shop....thoughts?

oval14 - any pictures to share?

I joined this Facebook group Luxury Vinyl Flooring Advice that has tons of pictures of the Manila Oak.....the floor looks Fabulous in every picture! When you get to site just search for "manila oak"....it really helped with my decision as did my discussion here with Adrienne Juskalian - thank you! I will share more after I get my box!

• Adrienne Juskalian
    5 months ago

Dawn, not sure where you live. My local flooring company who installed charged $6 per sq ft for Manila oak.

• Adrienne Juskalian
    5 months ago

Dawn, just requested to join that FB group. Thanks. And happy I could share my pics and help you make a decision! I know how much I valued feedback and advice from others. Can’t wait
    To see your floors when done!

• Dawn
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

@Adrienne Juskalian

https://www.houzz.com/user/webuser-369797703

I bought a box and luv it!

Here are some pics

Transition (birch in foyer & dining room)

I think we are Definitely getting this floor !!!

• Adrienne Juskalian
    4 months ago

Dawn, that looks amazing! I really think you’ll be very happy with it. Once installed, please share finished photos. I know it’s a very tough decision, and it took me a very long time as well, but the end result was a great one.

• Malena Montoya
    4 months ago

I would highly recommend Floor City. I’ve purchased a few times from them and have gotten it for under $4sqft and great customer service. https://www.floorcity.com

• Dawn
    4 months ago

@Adrienne Juskalian

Thank you! I will definitely share! We are getting new countertops too, so I am thinking we should do them first so they don't mess up the floor...?

@Malena Montoya-Thank you,

I will check them out.

• Adrienne Juskalian
    4 months ago

That’s probably a good idea. Don’t have any experience in that regard. All I know is we are having painting done next and the painter said he wants to be the last one here so we did the floors before the painting. Good luck with everything. Sounds like your home projects are moving along And I’m sure you’ll be thrilled with everything once it’s done. And I mentioned before, we have had a couple of tests with them when the plumber had to pull out the dishwasher and water was leaking on the floor and then some scratches from the dishwasher but he just washed them down and the flooring is fine. It’s pretty sturdy. I think you’ll be pleased.

• Dawn
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

Thank you, you have been wonderful! All my friends are tired of hearing about my floor!!!

I can't wait for it to be installed and the countertops, which I am still trying to decide on that ..ugh!

• Adrienne Juskalian
    4 months ago

No worries, I appreciated the advice when I was going through this, so I’m happy to share my experience. Good luck with everything!