SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dw62797

Flooret LVP in Arbor, Brenwick or Kingswood? OR CorTEC Harrison Oak

D W
5 years ago

Does anyone have photos of Flooret Modin in Arbor, Brenwick or Kingswood installed? Looking for a timeless, medium brown. Comparing the Flooret colors listed with Cortec Harrison Oak. If you have pics of the Harrison Oak that would be much appreciated too!

Comments (740)

• Greg
    4 years ago

ashford

• ishop19
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Flooret Modin pictures in Brenwick. Cabinets and trim SW Alabaster, walls SW Wool Skein. (Front door is just white primer to be painted Alabaster.) Sorry for the delay in posting some pictures. (Tap or click on each picture to get the full view.). Keep in mind my entire living room view is backlit from the window with no light coming from any other directions to lessen the glare effect. It will be reduced with furniture and rugs.

The stairs will be carpeted. I’ll do a separate post below to show all the open edges for one idea of how to do them.

Over the center of the kitchen is a skylight providing natural light:

Brenwick in natural low lighting:

Brenwick in artificial light:

• Related Discussions

Anyone ever use Shaw Luxury Vinyl Plank flooring

Q

Comments (18)
    Thanks so much! So far we love it! All I have done so far is wiped it with a damp cloth. It doesn't show dust. It doesn't show footprints. We have not used it anywhere else yet, but we do plan on using it in our master bath when we redo that in the spring. I have nothing but positive comments to make. It's more of a medium tone- as far as I'm concerned. We had darker color samples and lighter ones also. We chose Brenwick because it most closely matched the rest of the woodwork in the house. We did put in white baseboard but the trim around the doors and the doors themselves are wood. Hope this helps!
    ...See More

Modin flooring?

Q

Comments (44)
    csant87 Thank you for your stair pictures and description! That was super helpful. I got all the different stair product options that they offer now to see, but none work with my stairs. I have a protruding bullnose that cutting off won’t really work. You really need just a 90 degree with no overhang for this to work. That would take retreading 2 flights of stairs..,so I’m just going to do carpet. I did have Brenwick installed on the floors and I love it.
    ...See More

vinyl plank flooring for a damp basement, any suggestions?

Q

Comments (33)
    Wow Lynda, you did great at the Restore! I did browse through one last year out of curiosity. I saw a beautiful antique dresser that was already on hold. I'm sure the antique dealers keep a close eye on those places. You never know when you'll hit it right. Thanks for the idea. Flo, we have someone who would install the LVP for a dollar a board so that's amazing versus our doing it ourselves or paying $3 or so a square foot in NJ for the install as per one of the stores we went into said. We did lay down laminate flooring by ourselves in our family room about 15 years ago and did well It is an easy install- but our basement is much bigger than our family room and we are 15 years older. As the years go on I'm not sure if our bodies will pay a price with all that kneeling and bending over etc! I am waiting for the Flooret samples, but will keep my eye on Flor.com maybe for another room in the future! Once we decide I'll need help with paint colors unless SW Alabaster will work with all. Flooret Arbor, Brenwick or Kingswood
    ...See More

Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring Advice

Q

Comments (1)
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/flooret-lvp-in-arbor-brenwick-or-kingswood-or-cortec-harrison-oak-dsvw-vd~5534239?n=631 lot of good info on this discussion.
    ...See More
  • ishop19
    4 years ago

Here’s pictures of how my installer did the open nosing edges and where railings attached to the floor. He ordered custom wood stained pieces that he could nail in instead of using Flooret nosing. There is more of a bump up but there is slightly more coverage over what’s under the nose which is what I needed. It’s a compromise. I’m pleased with how it turned out. Stairs will be carpeted because any version of Flooret (planks or caps) just wasn’t going to work on my existing stair treads without entirely rebuilding them. $$$$$

i was really struggling with these edges and the stairs and that’s what held up my decision for so long. The pictures I would look at on Houzz and from Flooret were hard to see and the Flooret solutions suggested by Flooret just didn’t work for my situation. So, I hope this information can help someone else!

• D W
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ishop19 everything is soooo beautiful!!! It’s all coming together in such a lovely way!! Do you love it?? We started this conversation 9 months ago!!!! Wow!!! Some people have made a tiny human in that time and you’ve made a lovely home!! Well done! It’s beautiful!

• ishop19
    4 years ago

Lol! Yep I love it! Thanks everyone for all the information and encouragement. And welcome to all the tiny new humans!!

• sierra400
    4 years ago

Everyone’s floors look great! I am happy to say our flooring is not making the sound anymore or if it is it’s at least not noticeable like it was. Hooray! maybe the floor just had to settle?

we are moving onto our Master room and have an install question. Our flooring direction is such that the planks lie perpendicular to our shower.... can we just cut off the plank ends so they are nice and straight and flat against the shower and then caulk? My concern is if we used the end cap the wood grain direction will be opposite Since the end cap would be parallel to the shower and the planks perpendicular. This issue is going to come up a lot for us actually... our front door, back door, fireplace, all of these spots the boards will be going perpendicular instead of parallel. I am afraid the end caps are just going to look strange since the wood grain will be in the opposite direction! Has anyone had this issue or come up with a solution other than the end cap?? I guess we picked the wrong direction to install!

• ishop19
    4 years ago

No, I don’t think it would look strange. I have numerous places where the planks go perpendicular to a grainy finishing piece. It looks very natural. Have you laid out pieces perpendicular to the “end cap” to see If it looks strange to you?

Can you send pictures?

Btw, I’m not sure you would use an “end cap“ in those scenarios. Do you mean 1/4 round?

Yay for no crunchies anymore!!

• MAdkins
    4 years ago

Sierra400: I second ishop19's advice that it won't look strange at all. I used an end cap next to the sliding glass door so the plank slides under the groove to make a clean, sealed edge. I would assume you'd want to do the same; just as you suggest. I think you'd need to have a caulked edge if you use 1/4 round.

• ishop19
    4 years ago

Hmmm, I didnt think there was a need for a caulked edge with a quarter round, I think sierra400 was talking about using nothing but caulk. Isn’t that a quarter round‘s purpose to cover the floor edge against a wall or threshold? Guess it’s just preference which one you use. The end cap doesn't really “seal” the edge either per se, but probably gives that impression. But I do like the clean look of it. As far as which vinyl product from Flooret, I think the end cap is better than the quarter round. Nailing in the Flooret quarter round my installer said wouldn’t work because of its material. We used stained wood quarter rounds to match the planks. But if the end caps work, I like that idea. MAdkins did you glue your endcaps down? That’s what my installer did. From what I’m learning from you two, you can install the endcaps along the edge first and slide the planks under?

All good info for anyone else trying to figure out solutions!!

• sierra400
    4 years ago

Thanks! Yes the end caps would go along the doorways to the outside. The ends caps are what a Flooret suggested when I asked what to use for the spots. I am glad to hear it doesn’t look strange oriented in opposite direction! The caulk I mentioned was just for the bathroom since it needs to be nice and sealed for moisture!

• Kim Dietz
    4 years ago

I think I may go with Kingswood but I wish it was a bit darker. Is Brenwick more brown or red? I want brown but am

worried it has too much red tone. Thanks in advance!

• Greg
    4 years ago

I thought Brenwick was too red and Kingswood was too yellow. I went Ashford.

• CindyR
    4 years ago

Brenwick is more reddish orange (my samples were). If you search for Brenwick in the search bar you should be able to find pictures. Also, Flooret has a feature on their website that lets you take a pic of your room and place the floor into your room.

Also, you can order samples (I got some off of Amazon)

I have Arbor. I love it. Wish it was a tad lighter but it worked the best for me.

Good luck!

• Kim Dietz
    4 years ago

Thanks CindyR and Greg! This has been so much harder than I thought!

• Kim Dietz
    4 years ago

And thanks for the pics Greg! It’s beautiful!

• sierra400
    4 years ago

Sylvie, have you considered Arbor? It is a true brown IMO. We love the color. I was worried it would be too dark but it is lighter in person I think due to the wire brushing effect which adds a bit of lighter color in the mix. Here it is in our guest room.

• ishop19
    4 years ago

sylvie7311,

It IS very hard to decide. Other than Greg all of us have agonized over it! I posted a bunch of pics of Brenwick on this thread last week. Scroll up (Or scroll down now because changed the comment order)

Installed it’s more brown than red or orange especially in natural light. Compare it to other orange things, my unfinished stairs (in artificial light) and the walls of my 3 season porch and dining room furniture (In natural light). I’m pleased with it and when I see it in my space, it’s a little too dark for me but not red or orange. Kingswood might have been better.

I thought ashford was too gray, kingswood went too green, and Arbor too dark and not warm brown enough, I was also concerned Brenwick might be red, but installed I don’t think that.

It depends on your space and your perspective.

They all look somewhat different installed in a big area than the sample. And I had 3 full size planks in each color for samples!

• Kim Dietz
    4 years ago

Thanks all! What a great group of people! Love all the pics!

• Kim Dietz
    4 years ago

Since you guys are so helpful, I have 2 questions. My Kingswood is being installed right now and I love it.

First question is what kind of throw rug can I use? I'm afraid a non-skid rubberized backing with stain/color the LVP.

Second question - the flooring has a strange, hollow sound to it when we walk on it. Will it "settle in" some?

Thanks!

• MAdkins
    4 years ago

sylvie7311: I recently installed 500sf of Sutton. While I did my best to level out the hills and valleys in the floor first, it wasn't completely flat. Because Flooret Modin is so heavy, it did eventually settle into the lower spots. I think it just depends upon how uneven your underlayment/subfloor is.

I too am interested in feedback on good rug pads to use. I have a ton of old rug pads I used on hardwood floors in the past with no problem but I'm afraid to try them on my Flooret floor. Some rug pads indicate that they are non staining and I expect those are safe. I think the Flooret website gives links to some good ones to use. Right now I'm just relying upon the weight of my wool rugs but eventually need to find a cost effective solution since my older dog slips on my Flooret kitchen/dining room floor.

• kstevensoc
    4 years ago

Looking for real pics of Raeburn - I have three full size planks, would love to see the color installed in real life - thanks

• praitzik
    4 years ago

Anyone have experience with the Pergo Timbercraft waterproof laminate flooring?

• sierra400
    4 years ago

I had my first pet urine incident with the new Flooret floors. I am happy to report the floors passed! My cat missed her box and urine got underneath the plastic mat her litter box is on. I don’t know how long the urine was there between the mat and floor, maybe a few days, shockingly I could not smell it until I was cleaning around their station and moved the mat and then noticed the odor and puddle on the floor. Anyways, I was super worried it would stain but It just cleaned right up with vinegar and water! The urine smell is also gone after several coats of vinegar solution.

• sierra400
    3 years ago

I have 6 extra boxes (135 sq ft) of Arbor flooring and some end cap pieces, if anyone lives in the Reno/Tahoe area DM me. Selling for $2/sq ft!

• Cassie Wallin
    3 years ago

@ishop19 Do you still have those samples available in the twin cities area? I'd be interested.

• ishop19
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

@Cassie Wallin

no, they all got sold. Except I have extras of what I put in....Brenwick. You are welcome to a sample of that. And I have a box for sale same price as sierra400

• Cassie Wallin
    3 years ago

@Dale Murphy I just read further down the thread and it looks like you are who ishop19's samples got sold to. Now that you've chosen brenwick any chance you still have and would want to sell the samples? I'm in the Minneapolis area.

• Dale Murphy
    3 years ago

@Cassie Wallin Sorry, we passed those along to another family here in Rochester after we made our choice. We installed Brenwick and couldn't be happier. Best of luck!

• Cassie Wallin
    3 years ago

@Dale Murphy Thanks anyways!!!

• M Doig
    3 years ago

Excellent thread to read though. Thank you. I am struggling with pulling the trigger on Brenwick vs Kingswood. Brenwick I think is the slightly better color for the space... lots of natural light, good with our fireplace, other wood tones and our kitchen colors - but I am concerned about dirt showing. This is our lake home with lots of sand, water and guests - and since Kingswood is a close second - might it be a better choice? Would love to hear from Brenwick buyers.

• Nadine
    3 years ago

gosh, Me too . I was prepared to LOVE Brenwick . Then I walked over the sample with some drywall dust on my shoes. It showed every little dusty bit. Now I am struggling . Kingwood may be to yellow. ( My cabinets are cherry). Wish they could show us the newest colors coming in the fall. Decisions....

• bgray1231
    3 years ago

amalgamate, do you still have extra boxes left?

• amalgamate
    3 years ago

Nope. Sorry!

• Mary Elizabeth
    3 years ago

ishop19, do you still have a box of the Brenwick flooring for sale? We are in the Mpls metro area.

• ishop19
    3 years ago

Hi @Mary Elizabeth

there are some repairs going on right now that might reqire it’s use. Do you need a whole box? How much are you offering? Why do you need it? Or do you just need a sample?

• Mary Elizabeth
    3 years ago

@ishop19 If I read it correctly, you were asking $2 sq ft in a previous comment. We have just one of the 12" sample. Color wise, it's the only one that will work for us, but it would be good to see a whole box laid out to know for sure.

• ishop19
    3 years ago

I’m not sure what I was selling then, I think it was just samples for $2 each. Not per sq foot.

A box would be $110 picked up. Not sure what the price per square foot would be.

I’m having some work done at my house, but as soon as that’s done maybe next week, you are welcome to just come see it Installed. But of course it might look different in your environment.

• Mary Elizabeth
    3 years ago

Oh, ok, no problem. Yes, seeing it in person might be an option. Thank you for the kind offer. I will let you know.

• greenhearted Z5a IL
    3 years ago

I am another one going back and forth between Brenwick and Kingswood. This thread has been so helpful! I am so impressed with the quality of the Flooret samples compared to some others. Still waiting on a few Coretec samples.

@ishop19 your photos inspired me to order the Brenwick sample - it looks beautiful in your home! Another thread about some darker colored LVPs being a nightmare to clean as far as footprints and smudges has got me a little worried and I was wondering if you have any problems?

• ishop19
    3 years ago

@greenhearted Z5a IL

Thank you! It is a tough decision!!

I like the floor a lot, but it’s not infallible!

I don’t particularly like the grooves, if Flooret had a non-groove option I would have chosen that! Contrary to what people say, stuff does get caught and accumulate in the grooves!!

The dark color does show stuff. I don’t know what to say about that. I just didn’t like kingswood, but I would have preferred a slightly more medium brown over brenwick. Other shades were too gray or too light for me.

Overall I am quite happy with it. I like the large planks a lot.

Workers coming in have been impressed with it...even thinking it’s real sometimes and wanting to know the brand.

Truthfully, I’ve had to take care of my dad the last few years in another state and I haven’t been there living in it with day to day use. Only been there once in while for a few days. Kinda crazy. That’s why I disappeared off this thread for a while. So it’s a little bit hard for me to give a thorough review, but I hope this helps...Good luck!!

• greenhearted Z5a IL
    3 years ago

Thanks for the quick response @ishop19! I'm glad that overall you are happy with Brenwick - I guess no floor is perfect (though sometimes I think that is what I am looking for - ha!) and I am exactly in the same place with the color. It's a bit darker than what I am wanting but the trend being super light and gray right now means that there aren't a whole lot of "traditional" floor colors available. I have a lot of warmer colors/woodwork in my house and Brenwick blends the best.

I can definitely relate to how crazy things can get when taking care of a parent, many things have to fall by the wayside. Thanks for taking the time to respond; you've given me some helpful info!

• kayyyyy1616
    3 years ago

Does anyone in the NYC area have an extra box of the Brenwick they’re looking to get rid of? Happy to pay the cost of the box.

• Mary Elizabeth
    3 years ago

@Nadine, I was just wondering if you ever picked a color of flooring? We are also trying to find something to work with cherry cabinets.

• Claire Ross
    2 years ago

We are considering installing Brenwick but after receiving a full plank sample that has what looks like one natural split (it is not actually split but just looks like a split in the wood), we are reconsidering. Can anyone tell me how prevalent the "splits" are in the product? Are they on every board, one board per box, or some other measure that you could explain?

• ishop19
    2 years ago

@claire ross

my Brenwick either has no ”splits” or i don‘t notice any

• Sharon U
    2 years ago

does anyone have any more input regarding rug pads that don't leave a mark? @MAdkins brought this up a while ago. I was following and wondered if any good ideas came up.

• sierra400
    2 years ago

Felt pads are the way to go

• Sharon U
    2 years ago

@sierra400 I was looking for something non-slip. I'm thinking the felt would be slippy?

• sierra400
    2 years ago