SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hmwalt

New Construction Decisions...what to choose first?

H Walters
6 years ago

My husband and I are building our dream home and we are starting to make interior design decisions. Our builder gave us a list of tasks to be completed and an approximate order of things (e.g. first windows, then siding, cabinets, etc.) I'm having trouble figuring out what decisions I should make first. Should I choose my wall color, then find granite, flooring and cabinets to match? Or pick out the granite and cabinet color and try to find a wall color to pull it all together? We are leaning toward white cabinets with a dark blue/slate colored island with white trim and maybe carrera marble backsplash. I'm thinking of a light grey paint color but from reading the posts people have a really hard time finding the right color for their walls. I really like Benjamin Moore Grey Owl and I'm thinking maybe it would be easier to make that decision final first and then find granite and floors that work with the wall color to avoid having a hard time finding a wall color that works with the other finishes. What makes the most sense?

Thanks in advance,

Hailey

Comments (16)