SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
james_jakeway

What color to paint my cabinets on my kitchen "island"

james_jakeway
6 years ago

So here's my problem. I bought this condo 2 years ago, it was a full rehab and I loved it... until I tried to paint it. No matter what I did, I couldn't find a color to marry these warm maple cabinets and this cool white countertop. So I've decided to paint them (have them done professionally).

I've been torn between white, which is classic, and grey which I love. I thought about doing grey lowers and white uppers, but there aren't a lot of upper cabinets, so I thought it would look odd. So I'm thinking I'm going to go with a very light grey, which almost borders on off white. That is settled.

What I can't decide is if I could paint my "island" a different color, maybe go with a darker grey. It'd be less expensive to have painted again, should I change my mind in the future. I just don't know if I can get away with it since it's not really an island. It's attached to an wall, making it more of a peninsula really. What do you think? Can I go darker on these two cabinets under the breakfast bar? Or should it be the same color since the granite is the same all the way around?

Comments (4)