SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark_margevicius

need some ideas for bedroom floors and walls

Mark Margevicius
6 years ago

We just completed updating our 1990 colonial home on the first floor. All the carpet has been replaced with Santos mahogany flooring, all the wallpaper removed and now painted in various shades of grey, and all the oak wood work been stripped and now painted colonial white. We continued the mahogany up the stairs to the hallway/landing on the 2nd floor, and where we also stripped the oak baseboards/casings and painted them white. Good so far (photos of family room, steps, hallway attached).

Now we are starting the 4 bedrooms, all of which have carpeting and the same stained oak. Like the first floor will be stripping the oak to be painted white. The bedroom with green carpeting is also attached.

The thing we struggle with what to do for the floors in each of the 4 bedrooms. We want get rid of the carpet, but not sure what to replace it with. I am 90% sure I want full 3/4" hardwood, but am uncertain as to what type or color. I do not want use a laminate wood or vinyl, as both "feel" hollow. We also want to use the same floor in all 4 bedrooms. Once the floor is chosen we will pick fairly neutral colors for the bedrooms. I'm partial to grey/blue shades, but could be convinced otherwise.

So there in lies my dilemma, and I seek the input from this broader audience for their insight, creativity, and brilliance in helping me device a workable and attractive color pallet! Thanks in advance for all your help.

Comments (13)