SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosesniffer

Continuous Bloomer + Container Recommendations, Please!

6 years ago

Hello everyone,

I recently ordered a Queen of Sweden bareroot from Burpee, but I'm worried the shipping date might make it too late for it to bloom in time (they ship the root early March and I want to gift it by early May). My requirements of growing are in a large 20 gallon grow bag and it will be on the patio outdoors with lots of sunlight.

Will the bareroot bloom in two months? If it is unlikely - help! I need your expertise and recommendations!! I would prefer: pretty upright growth, shrub, globular/cupped/chalice-shaped blossoms, and of course disease resistance since I'm a beginner!

I love pink and lighter color roses, but if you have a recommendation that isnt, please still comment- I would love to check them out, especially if they are recommended for my situation! Scent is an extra plus, but not very important to me (but I prefer sweet scents if it is strong).

So far I have looked at Desdemona, Princess Alexandria of Kent, Alnwick, Jude the Obscure, Scepter'd Isle - but I'm not sure if they all are prolific bloomers as the DA website says they are. My grow zone is 9 and I prefer a rose that will do well with lots of heat and humidity as FL is already getting very warm.

As a little extra, here is my first rose - a Mini Kordana that has been a joy to be taking care of:

Comments (10)