SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_42918661

The wedding party story

User
6 years ago

A few yeas ago I was taking the bus from downtown Chicago (not sure what I had done downtown), late afternoon, up to my second job, which at that time was also two buildings down from my second job (another story). At about the stop near I think was one of the municipal buildings (one of the courts, not the Federal building, there are so many, I get confused), a very large party of people got on, slowly, because one person was paying for the bus fares of all of them, I think an older man. I would estimate about 10 to 15 people. The bus became very crowded. Some women were wearing bridesmaid dresses (all the same color, I remember kind of almost garish purple), a guy in a suit, and yes, a bride, not in full bridal gown regalia, but she had a elaborate scooped hat and was carrying a bouquet. Some guys got on, an older man, two older woman, and a photographer. yes, it was the wedding party, all taking the bus. One of the older ladies sat next to me. She was the mother of the groom. The photographer was taking many pictures, so I am certain many people in the bus got their photos taken inadvertently. People were by that time laughing or just sitting open-mouthed. I found out from the mother of the groom after I congratulate her that the groom was still in school and didn't want to spend alot on the wedding, which had been held, yes, the building on Dearborn and Washington we Chicagoans call City Hall (just remembering). They were on their way to get the ring at Steve Quick Jewelers in the Lincoln Park area, several blocks north of where I was getting off. I was joking alot with the mother of the groom. She did tell me they were all going to enjoy a nice dinner later, and they did also have a nice lunch before the ceremony. I replied, jokingly, thank goodness. She also told me her son wanted to do it all this way, to save money. Maybe she was implying her son was ... er .. fruga! I got off before they got off, and wished my congratulations again to the mother.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company