SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellusionz

Garage door conversion ideas

ellusionz
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello! I am looking for some ideas on what to do with the garage door area in an apartment conversion. Yes we are allowed to do this in our area and no thats not the information I'm looking for :) The interior I have pretty much set but I can't figure out what would look best for the exterior. Where the garage door is will be the living room area. I just don't want it to look too put together like I've seen some exteriors (siding with brick and just not matching if you know what I mean?). I don't mind if it still looks like a garage door or whatever else.

I appreciate any feedback you can give me. I've included photos of the garage side of the home and the front of the main house (which we have since screened in the porch area) to give an idea of how the house looks to match to. There is a door on the left and right side of garage so it would not need to have a doorway to enter.

I've thought about the following options and would love any others you might know of or what you think of the following:

Carriage doors (concerned not enough light to come thru tho since this is the one area we can add for sunlight)

Glass garage doors (would this look right with the house tho?)

Screen in area and make porch, wall in behind with glass sliders

French door the whole door area

French door and windows on either side

Thanks for any recommendations y'all can help with. Have a great day!

Comments (2)