SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherrygirl5

T daylilies 2018

Today is T daylilies! Boy, oh, boy, it’s seems like we just started the alphabet, now it’s close to being done! The quote for today: “ Marriage let’s you annoy one special person your whole life!”

Tyger River, a nice orange, not growing in an ideal spot here, blooms always look great.

Tootsie Rose, a nice small plant, had a bad season this past summer.

Trahlyta, a reliable oldie.

Mantis identified this noid for me last season as Top Honors. I did some research and all of the statistics are exact match to this oldie in my garden, so for me it now has a name.

Sherry

Comments (32)

• signet_gw(6b)
    6 years ago

Tigerling

Tower of Babel ( prone to blotchiness ) which is a shame because it is a prolific bloomer and increases well.

Tupac Amaru

Triumphant Topaz

Techny Spider

That's all for tonight

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • del_s
    6 years ago

Take Me Along

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked del_s
  • Related Discussions

B daylilies 2018

Q

Comments (52)
    Thanks for the info daylily99 . I tried searching it but only found one called Blue Rondo ala turk on NGA , Found the info on Blue Rondo on the AHS site this morning .....Just wonderful. Sure wish I could find that one up here . Love it !!!!! Out of all the pretties on this page it leapt out at me .
    ...See More

I daylilies 2018

Q

Comments (30)
    urchinsushi, longest bloom time really varies. Each daylily has a region it does best in and this is a baseline but not always a guarantee. Some like constant full sun, some like some shade and the amount of blooms or season depends on that. Some rebloom extending blooms season but you can't depend on them reblooming. The more north you are the less likely. I've had some that did terrible in one part of the yard and great in another and there seems to be no reason why. I've traded for good bloomers from other and had them do well, other times not. The best way to have them bloom them all summer would be to have a variety based on bloom times. They have different bloom times, extra early, early, early-mid, mid, mid-late, late and extra late.
    ...See More

L daylilies 2018

Q

Comments (36)
    Brad - Lime Peel has a green center. Depending on your monitor, it may look more green than it actually is - especially if you're viewing on an IPad. Sherry - Last Snowflake is a beauty. But a slow multiplier that doesn't like winters when temps are near zero. Signet - Lillian's Ginger Bred is another tender one that doesn't multiply well here. But I do love the bloom. Lillian's Think Ice has pink undertones, especially in cooler weather. Debra
    ...See More

P daylilies 2018

Q

Comments (38)
    Is Panic in Detroit a crispate? Paige's Pinata was always weak here. Palace Garden Beauty has been a bit frustrating because of sometimes quirky opening. Paradise Bar and Grill --more recent Hanson that has been sought after. Pink Lemonade Party --would be happier farther south Parable of the Net --comes off more pastel in garden Ohio Skies --have a hunch this will not be a strong grower in the garden (Hanson) Peggy Jeffcoat --lovely Part Time Princess --made a great show this past year Purify My Heart --seems to have been weaker the past few years Peggy Bass --lovely, but not really well budded Orange City --Dick recommended it, but it has been reluctant to bloom so far Purple Tempest --an old Webster that really attracted attention in 2017
    ...See More
  • celeste/NH
    6 years ago

Here are more.......

THEODORE KLEIN (love the color of this one!)

TAKE ME ALONG

TAHLEQUAH FLAME (blooms late)

THE JURY'S OUT (such a plain flower but WOW, what a bloomer in the late season! This one sends out dozens of scapes and blooms until the freeze here)

TRAHLYTA

THE FIFTH ELEMENT

THIEVING MAGPIE (bad picture this year; forgot to take on a warmer day)

TASHEENA WARRIOR PRINCESS (7 inch blooms)

TEARS OF LOVE

TOAST AND JAM

ONE MORE SET BELOW

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste/NH
  • celeste/NH
    6 years ago

Btw, I have added 3 more 'T's to my garden last fall.....Teddy Bear's Picnic, T-Bone Walker and Tupac Amaru. I will be interested in seeing photos of these if you all grow them.

TROUBLED SLEEP (one of the darkest purples I grow, this is a really good daylily for me)

TECHNY SPIDER (a nice plant but on the short side)

TUTANKHAMUN (blooms very early here)

TANGERINE TUESDAY (a toothy one for the North)

TIRAMISU (a glowing bright pink and a great bloomer)

TWISTED SISTER

TECHNY PEACH LACE (pretty, but doesn't do much here)

TIFFANY SHADE (blooms late season)

TIGER SWIRL

TOOTH (I do believe this is Tooth; this was formerly known as my purple NOID and I posted it here several times as such. I was told by several of you

that it looks like Tooth. Anyway, whatever it is, it is much loved by me! This one blooms early and reliably, the purple is saturated and amazing. Love it.)

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste/NH
  • Pat
    6 years ago

I look forward to this and will be sad when it's over. My T daylilies ...

TAHOE SNOW BLIZZARD

TALLADEGA - not sure if it's my camera or changes in the daylily showing two different colors

TEARS OF LOVE - has been here ages and I forget about it. It can be a very good plant with 28 buds, 4 branches, fragrance and rebloom

TECHNY SPIDER

TEEPEE TALK - club plant - not sure if I'll keep my piece of it.

TEXAS BICOLOR BEAUTY - pretty with great substance, but not increasing here - maybe the voles are eating it. It needs to be moved to the "hospital" zone of my garden.

TEXAS BIG RED - 8" flower, on 33" scape, very fragrant, low bud count (15)

TEXAS BLUE EYES - evergreen, low bud count but so pretty

TEXAS FEATHERED FANCY

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Pat
  • Pat
    6 years ago

TEXAS MORNING MELODY

THE BAND PLAYED ON

THE TRIBBLE WITH BLUE

THISTLES AND THORNS - reblooms, increased slowly here, produces great teeth in its babies

THREE TIMES A LADY - has never rebloomed here - maybe it needs to be where it gets more water as it's on a bit of a slope.

THROUGH THE FIRE

TIKI GOD

TIME LORD - older Munson that I love a lot

TIMELESS BEAUTY - growing for club, rebloomed first year here. I'm looking forward to seeing what this summer brings.

TINA COX - Pat Cochenour named it for her mother. I had gotten rid of this and then rebought it at one of our club sales.

• Pat
    6 years ago

TOMORROW'S DREAM - reblooms

TOOL MAN TIM - reblooms, fragrant

TRANSYLVANIAN TANGO - in a good year once established rebloomed with up to 6 branches

TREVI FOUNTAIN - an excellent garden plant with up to 6 branches and 33 buds, just keeps increasing and I just keep dividing it

TRIPPED OUT

TROPICAL HEAT WAVE

TROPICAL JEWEL

TUNE THE HARP

TURN THE OTHER CHEEK

• Pat
    6 years ago

TURN, TURN, TURN

TWELVE O'CLOCK THE WOLF COMES - club plant, very new here so not a good photo, just an idea of the color

TWIGGY'S LAVENDER

TUPAC AMARU

TUTTI FRUTTI CURLS

TENNYSON - gone now but I grew it for years and liked it a lot

TRAHLYTA - I know this is an old favorite and parent to many great daylilies. I just never got to like it personally so it went away. From the fence in the background, I think I took this photo in Pat Cochenour's garden and I know she used it in her hybridizing. See below.

IDOO VOODOO

ZEN AGAIN

• Brad KY 6b
    6 years ago

Wow, lots of great T's.

Daylily99-Tutti Frutti Curls, Time Lord and Tupac Amaru are so nice.

Celeste, too many nice ones to pick any out, though I will say Twist of Lemon is nice for a yellow.

Tennessee Sunset

Tune the Harp is a great mix of colors.

Tuscawilla Tigress

That's all I have.

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Wow so many gorgeous T's. Only one for me.

Think Pink usually behaves this way - the deer ate the buds this year so these are older pics.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • avedon_gw
    6 years ago

Two Sues, blooms early but this pic taken in August. Remarkable long season for a first year plant.

Tribal Council--very early large flowered bloomer

True Blue Heart

Trickster

Thundercat--picture from June, 2016

Topguns Aztec Vision

Turkish Turban

Trance--as a poly

Twirling Parasol

Tender Love--last to start blooming--very pretty, has a glowing sheen.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked avedon_gw
  • signet_gw(6b)
    6 years ago

I have one that is a golden oldie and a late bloomer in the garden . Although not a picture from this year i thought I would share it . Here is Tennessee Tan . This one is not fancy and my first image is a terrible shot of it . However it is a pod monster . The second image is from a previous year . I collected over 500 seeds from this plant that year all the results of bee/insect pollination . All those pods and the plant doesnt even fizzle the next year . I am going to start using it in my hybridizing simply for the vigor and the Pod/seed producing qualities

• signet_gw(6b)
    6 years ago

daylily99 can you repost your image of Texas Feathered Fancy . It does not seem to have shown up in your post . there is a little tiny box instead . You showed two others that I would love to add to my gardens along with Texas Feathered Fancy, those two are Twiggy's Lavender and Tahoe Snow Blizzard

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    6 years ago

daylily99--We saw Twelve O'clock the Wolf Comes when it was blooming in the Englerth Garden at the Region 2 Conference in Peoria. It is a lovely daylily. Lucky you that you got it as a club plant. Mandy McMahon spoke with our club this fall so maybe we will have it as one of our club plants. I am sure we will be fighting over it if it is available.

Tahlequah Flame is a late bloomer. We love an orange with a yellow watermark.

Tall Surprise has languished in a bad location, but now it has been moved so maybe it will show what it can do. It is a lovely delicate color.

Tangerine Angel is a nice small-flowered one.

It was the first season of bloom for Tasmanian Tiger (planted the fall before). I think I am going to like this one.

I don't think Techny Peach Lace is particularly well budded, but it produces a lot of scapes.

I can't say enough good things about The Bride of Dracula. If you like orange and teeth, this is a must have. It was planted in the summer of 2016 and bloomed its fool head off in 2017 all the while setting seeds. We got 40 seeds from a plant that conventional wisdom would say is not well established.

The Wonderful Thing About Tigers is a little plain for my tastes.

Theodora Kennedy is relatively new to the garden but looks like it will do well.

Tickle Me Elmo is has some nice teeth. It's new to the garden but looks like it likes it here.

Here's our Tooth. It's not showing the tooth it is supposed to have.

More to come . . .

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    6 years ago

Toothylicious was newly planted in the fall of 2016. I hope that color improves when it gets established. It was purchased because of the teeth with an eye--one of my hybridizing goals.

I am not a fan of Topguns Bounty Hunter (it was a freebie from a Region 2 conference). Doubles aren't my thing and plain yellow doubles would be far down the list. It is a vigorous grower and quite tall.

I like Topguns My Friend Ellen. I love bicolors and bitones.

Tremor seems to be quite variable. Sometimes the color is more peach and other times it is quite pale. Sometimes the pattern shows as it does here and other times it does not.

Triple Cherries is one of my favorites. It doesn't achieve its registered stats here in my garden, but it consistently blooms every year and is one of my best rebloomers as well as seed setters. It also gave us one of our introductions.

Tropical Fusion is one of our nicest oranges. It's a good grower too.

That's it for me.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • AaronK79
    6 years ago

Top Guns Verna's Magic

Tropical Cooler

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked AaronK79
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    6 years ago

Sherry: Your little quote gave me my chuckle for the day. Tyger River looks pretty......I don't have any T's at the moment after my purge. It's a shame because I see a few here that I really wish I could have kept. Celeste: I like "The Jurys Out". It looks like a good tall saturated yellow. Toast and Jam is one I've cast my eye over more then a time or two. Looks good in your garden. Your picture of Texas Bicolor Beauty certainly looks more appealing then the one on the database (yes, you made me look)......Daylily99: I sent you a Tree Mail (NGA) Saturday. Hope you got it. I like all your Tropical colors and Tool Time Tim looks good too........Brad: Tune the Harp is a lovely pastel one.....Nan: As with Brad's daylily I like the soft lavender blue of Tall Surprise.......Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • mantis__oh
    6 years ago

Tropical Cooler --slow to increase, short, modest budcount, but I love the color

T Bone Walker --picture flatters it a bit
    The Dream Society --nice later one; picture shows sharper contrast than reality
    The Grape Beyond --have yet to warm to this one; we'll see
    Tahitian Waterfall --nice color, but weaker stems
    Thomas Tew --very nice color

Two Times Tardy --Boatwright
    Tropical Treasure --does okay, but would probably like it warmer

Tiger By the Tail --so far, no more vigorous than parent Adorable Tiger

Tropical Experience --throws somenice blooms each year, but a not-very-vigorous Stamile here

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked mantis__oh
  • mantis__oh
    6 years ago

Truly Angelic (above) --reliable; flower is about 5"
    Thundercat--short scapes in 2017; pic from 2016

Tar and Feather --quite good here
    The Band Played On --nice, though modest bud count
    Tropical Fruit Loops
    Thin Man --very good here
    The Goldilocks Effect --nice, but hasn't been vigorous here. Curt says a newer intro is an improvement.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked mantis__oh
  • daylilybedmaker
    6 years ago

Here are the T's that I grow:

TACTICAL CAT: A Bud Bennett intro. Many blooms and a consistent performer.

TAINTED LOVE: Another Bennett intro. A very nice orange. An unusual color for Mr. Bennett to introduce.

TAKE MY BREATH AWAY: Received by mistake as it was supposed to be OCEAN ROAR. Does not hang when opening. Shorter than I like though.

TAOS: A lovely bloom on a pretty good plant. It would probably perform better if it was not in the shade.

TECHNY ORE: Received as a bonus plant from the LA. Splotchy. Will give it two more years before its fate is decided.

TEDDY BEAR'S PICNIC: Strong grower. Many buds. Changes color to purple as the day progresses.

THE BAND PLAYED ON: Unusual coloration. Could be more budded. I have yet to see any rebloom with this one.

THE UNBLINKING EYE: Vigorous. Huge fans. Many buds.

THIN MAN: Blooms over a long period.

THORHALLA: Nice late purple ufo

Part two coming up next.

David (Zone 5)

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • daylilybedmaker
    6 years ago

Part two:

THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS: Vigorous with multiple blooms. The pattern is consistent.

TIGER EYE SPIDER: Unusual color. Striking in the garden. I should move it to a better spot. My Golden Doodle tends to run through this area of the garden and trampling everything in her path.

TIME FOR ETERNITY: One of the few Petits that blooms above the foliage.

TIME TO FLY: Tall scapes with many blooms.

TOODLES AND DOODLES: A nice soft orange that is a bitone.

TORRID DANCER: Another Bennett intro. It is a big bloom.

TOTAL LOOK

TOTAL SILENCE: First year in the ground. Many blooms and proliferations.

TRAHLYTA: What else needs to be said about this plant.

TRANSYLVANIAN TANGO: I love this plant. Many blooms and is fertile both ways. Color holds up in the sun.

Part 3 coming up

David (Zone 5)

• daylilybedmaker
    6 years ago

Part 3

TRUE PINK BEAUTY: Always flat. I just wish it had more buds. I may move it to a sunnier spot to see if that will get it out of the single digits.

TUSCAN WARRIOR: This looks nothing like the image on the hybridizer's website. This was the replacement for OCEAN ROAR. When I first got this plant and it bloomed, the hybridizer said that it certainly was not TUSCAN WARRIOR and sent a replacement the following year. It is the same exact plant that she said was not TUSCAN WARRIOR. She stated that she even made sure it bloomed before sending it to me. I have never had a plant look so different from the hybridizer's picture. I will see what it looks like this year.

TUSCAWILLA BLACKOUT: One of my favorite reddish purple blacks.

That's all for me. Thanks for looking.

David (Zone 5)

• DebbieON zn4-5
    6 years ago

Tahitian Waterfall

Tail Feathers

Talladega

Telltale Heart

Texas Big Bend

Texas Big Red

Texas Blue Eyes

Texas Feathered Fancy

The Goldilocks Effect

Three Diamonds

More to come..

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked DebbieON zn4-5
  • DebbieON zn4-5
    6 years ago

Thundercat

Time to Fly

Time Stopper

Topgun Purple Wave

Total Commitment

Tremble

Tri Color Bite

Triassic Teeth

Trifecta

Truly Angelic

• Brad KY 6b
    6 years ago

Debbie, you have a lot of great T's! Your whole first set and many in the second are just outstanding.

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • signet_gw(6b)
    6 years ago

DebbieOn , I added Thundercat and Trifecta last season so it was great to see your images . I considered Texas Feathered Fancy but had heard it didnt do much feathering up here . I see in your image some small feathers in the eye zone of your image . Did it do this consistently ?

• DebbieON zn4-5
    6 years ago

signet I really like Texas Feathered Fancy, it is consistant here, always feathers for me, from day one. It is quite short, it is right in front of the border, centre stage to be exact. That is what I think of it. It seems all Carpenters love my garden.

I never cared for Trifecta, I see it can be had for almost nothing. I originally received it as a gift plant. I gave mine away after the first year. I am having some vigor and hardiness problems with some Rice's. I have a few.

• signet_gw(6b)
    6 years ago

DebbieON thanks for the feedback/insights on both Trifecta and TFF . As I said , I considered ordering TFF this spring but the nursery that had it listed last fall does not have it available this spring :?(, then I heard it didnt really feather all that much so was reconsidering, now however I will keep it in my sights for future ordering . it is a little disappointing that Trifecta doesnt/didnt do well in your garden . I only added it last season so havent seen it bloom yet . tMakes me wonder how it will do here . Guess I will find out this season.

• DebbieON zn4-5
    6 years ago

signet Trifecta is one that will probably do well for you. I gave it to a friend of mine mainly because I had no space for one more new plant in the ground , when there were others that I liked better.

I will check on Texas Feathered Fancy this spring. When it arrived three or four years ago, one small fan was apart from the rest of the clump. I gave it to my friend, but it died. But it was a very small fan, and would have been planted very late.

• Nancy 6b
    6 years ago

So many I really like, but I really NEED trouble with tribbles, time to fly and Theodore Kline. Love the teeth on toothilicious and whistle and thorns, blood of Dracula, really liking teeth again this year. Seems like I have a theme every year

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • shive
    6 years ago

I'm really liking Time to Fly, Time Stopper and The Goldilocks Effect. Here are some of my T's.

Tahlequah Flame

The Dominator

Tiffany Shade

The Ultimate Sacrifice

Triple Delight

Tully Mars

Texas Blue Eyes

This Longing

The Color of Wonderful

Turquoise Temple

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive