SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muskokascp

designing around wall with plumbing stack and basement wall step downs

muskokascp
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago
  • We bought an ugly little cottage in the fall and are currently gutting the walk out living/kitchen area. SO many decisions to make and weekend visits to the space are a little overwhelming. I am going to tackle the problems one wall and room at a time and invite any and all opinions and help.

The first thing we did was remove 3 posts, move 1 post and open up the floor plan. We also removed the propane fireplace that was inoperable. You can see the outline of it on the wall.

The TV wall is choppy because of the boxed in plumbing from the above bathroom. Then the foundation steps down creating different ledges in the wall.

I would like to square off the plumbing box and extend the niche beside it closer to the window which would make a larger flat lower wall area for the TV. The niche would be about 6" in depth and I would like to frame it with some kind of wood. We would then wall mount the TV.

How close to the window could I extend everything esthetically? What about the space to the right of the window ? Will it look odd that it is not at the same depth as the area to the left? I am having a hard time visualizing this part.

Comment (1)