SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hollabaughr

Granite seam at sink, but off center?

R H
6 years ago
We are about to view/sign off on the template for our granite. I have done A LOT of reading on this forum in preparation, but can't find any info. on sink seams that are off center. Let me explain:

Our installer is a company that also does their own fabrication. They like seams at sinks. Hubby and I are detail people, and really dislike the high profile location, but understand it's acceptable if done correctly. I asked if possibly the seam could be placed off center at the sink - perhaps a few inches left or right of middle - so it could achieve the company's goals of a "seam at sink" but not be dead center where I will notice it Every. Time.

They looked at me like I was crazy, but said they could do it. My question: Is this a bad idea? Is there a compelling reason that the sink seam should be centered right in line with cabinets/faucet? Maybe it will look odd?

For what it's worth, our granite is mesh-backed and does have some movement and veining, but not to the extent of a Typhoon variety.

Thank you!

They seem to have a good reputation and have been in business 40 years.

Comments (5)