SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabeth_ashley36

Too much gray in boys nursery?

I'm working on our 2nd child's (first boy) nursery. Let me just preface this by saying I love the neutral paint colors and my husband thinks our home lacks color (he's a "rich" color-preferring person who would do everything in cherry wood if he could). My daughter's room is a light gray with white furniture and purple/pink accents. I'd like to do a blue/gray color scheme for the nursery. Maybe throw in some mint? I've been looking at light gray paint colors and dark gray furniture and i'm just wondering if that's too much gray (if there is such a thing). Would white furniture be better? I tend to think white isn't a great color for a growing boy. Or should i consider a very light blue or other color for the walls and do gray furniture?

For reference on decor, I am considering a very subtle Harry Potter theme for the decor, while maintaining that color scheme - think notable book quote prints on the walls, maybe a navy and white "flying keys" rail guard on the crib, a white owl in a cage on the dresser, etc.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner