SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
househoneys

Kitchen designers...I need your help with a refrigerator please!

househoneys
6 years ago

We're moving into a 'new build' in about 2-3 months (NOT a custom build so we have zero leeway with the design). The opening for the fridge is 36 w 70 h and 24 deep on the left side and 27 deep on the right due to a casing that leads to a butlers pantry/dining room. The appliances that are included with the sale are stainless so that is what we're looking for (don't love stainless but I'll deal).

Since I don't love stainless I'm looking for something with less visual noise, so I've eliminated the fridges with four doors, big handles, etc. Last week I found a model here on house by Fischer & Paykel that was just what the doctor ordered, but not only has it disappeared from my ideabook that brand seems to have disappeared from Houzz.

I know there's a lot of threads on here about the pros and cons of this company, but I like the fact that the side is stainless and the freezer has an efficient set up. What we don't like and is a virtual deal breaker for my husband is there is no ice maker, something we didn't realize until last night.

My search for something similar has proved fruitless.

Any suggestions?

And one other thing...is it possible to buy a fridge that we can have cabinetry installed on the front that isn't a sub-zero, viking, etc. and we won't have to sell a kidney for? We're having a hard time getting answers from the cabinet manfacturer.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County