SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
normanne_gibson

Do you want to see pix of CRACKED NEOLITH?

Poppy Potter
6 years ago
Fair warning to anyone considering Neolith...I, too, was excited about all of the supposed benefits of this product and spent a lot of time researching what material to use. I absolutely 100% regret the choice of Neolith. It has been a complete nightmare. Many slabs broke just during the transport of the product including those transported and moved by Neolith distributors. That caused huge delays in getting the product fabricated and installed. Then several more slabs broke on the fabricator's table causing more delay and stress. Neolith distributor oversaw the fabrication of the material and trained the installer. Less than one week after installation with ZERO USE or anyone even touching it, we noticed cracking in several places. There is NO REPAIRING this product. It must be completely ripped out and replaced. Neolith, The Size, the distributor, and the fabricator/installer are all blaming each other and saying they each have no responsibility for fixing this project. The fight has been going on for more than a year now with each party pointing the finger at someone else, and I, the customer, who paid thousands of dollars for the project is stuck in the middle having to file law suits just to even get my money back, let alone pay the increased expense of having this failure ripped out and redone...and how on earth could I reinstall this same product after such a terrible experience? The manufacturer will say they will "replace" the product itself but that does not begin to cover the huge expense and time of ripping out and redoing the whole project, nor does it guarantee that the same thing won't happen again. You will continually see the manufacturer say they stand behind the product IF their installation manual is followed and the fabricator is trained, etc...,but RED FLAG warning everyone...that is their legal loophole for providing no guarantee except for possibly replacing the actual product. That is the least expensive part of these fiascos. The distributor will have a similar loophole in their guarantee and the installer/fabricator will blame the product. All in all, it is NOT WORTH IT. Stay away from this mess. Below are pix of the numerous cracks and the seams separate over time making this look even worse. I am only not mentioning specific names of the distributor and fabricator/installer because we are in the middle of legal proceedings. But they are on these threads constantly trying to sell this product. We can not even move on to replacing this mess until the legal aspect has concluded. Save yourself a lot of heartache and use something else. And wish me luck that someone will take responsibility for this failure. Houzz only lets me post four pix but there are many more cracks and separated seams. Don't believe the excuses you will hear from the people making money on all aspects of these projects.

Comments (165)