SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

Good Salad Dressing Recipe

Alisande
6 years ago

Don't you just love people who rave about an online recipe, at the same time telling about all the changes they made? Well, I'm about to do that.

I almost always make my own salad dressing, and most of the time it's variations on olive oil & vinegar-or-lemon juice. But every so often I like to have something creamy, like the Parmesan Peppercorn dressing I've enjoyed on steak salad. I haven't seen it at the stores in some time, so I went looking for a recipe to make my own. Here it is, and it's so good!

Parmesan-Peppercorn Salad Dressing

Now for the changes I made: I didn't have garlic salt or onion powder, so I used a small amount of pressed fresh garlic and a couple of minced scallions. I didn't measure the black pepper, so I might have used less. (I got tired of twisting the pepper grinder.) The milk I used was probably nutmilk. I used fresh parmesan, but I used less than 1/4 cup. It was more than enough for me.

When I first tasted the dressing, right after I made it, it was okay. But a few hours later--and the next day--it was excellent. My favorite use was on a salad with steak, cucumbers, scallions, green olives, and capers.

Have you found any salad dressing recipes you particularly like?

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio