SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enk05

Looking for feedback on proposed addition

enk05
6 years ago

We're thinking of adding an addition onto our house above the garage. We have two 2-car garages that are side by side. The main goal of the addition is to add an additional bedroom. The next priorities are to move the laundry room upstairs and have a separate office space. Nice to have items are a jack & jill bathroom or guest suite with a full bath, and my husband would like a stairway for easier access to the attic for storage.

We had an architect do some preliminary drawings. I'm just looking for some feedback before we respond to the drawings to see if there's anything else we should consider. I'm not sure I like the layout of the jack and jill bath in the drawing. I'm wondering if it would feel cramped with the bathtub wall right behind you when you're standing at the sink. Also, I'm hoping we can bump out the front of the addition to line up with the current master bedroom, just to give us a little more space & give the exterior more interest.

He also drew a plan in the image for a master bathroom remodel. I'm not too worried about that part at this point as I see that as a separate project down the road, but any suggestions on that are appreciated as well.

Thanks!

1. Our Current Floor plan

2. Sketch that I made for the architect (the gray shaded area is the footprint of the garages)
3. Architect's preliminary drawings

Comments (2)