SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skp228

Tile dilemma in new build - flummoxed

skp228
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Please help - any thoughts or advice extremely appreciated! We are building a house and have sticker shock after finding out how much our upgraded tile will be - $12,285, for upgrading to a wood look plank tile throughout. Basic 18 X 18 inch tile come standard, and we'd still pay about 3K to have it in the bedrooms, so it would be tile throughout - which we want. I really love the wood plank tile, however the $12K is putting it above budget, and I can't decide if it's really necessary, in the midst of the other upgrades that we are doing that are necessary (we aren't going overboard, just stuff that would be difficult to do after on our own). Is upgrading to the wood tile really necessary? I can't decide If I would just be fine with the standard tile in the end. It's honestly driving me crazy trying to decide. Anything wrong with going with this plainer tile? Is 18 x 18 a nice size? They seem okay, but will they soon be outdated? Are they already outdated? Will the wood look tile become outdated at some point do you think? Part of me likes the idea of having the plainer tile that is not so specific. But, the wood look would be beautiful. Ha - sorry for all the questions - this has me worked into a lather and I just need some feedback! Photos attached of both.

Comments (79)