SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vwarren0788

Old Drawer Boxes

Valerie DeVries
6 years ago

Hey everyone.

I am trying to find someone to rebuild our old kitchen drawers due to their age and lack of function-ability. These are original to our home (1967). I know most people just replace the slides on the drawers when they are trying to do a budget kitchen, but these slides are a pin to slide (idk what is its actual name) and the slides go into the face of the drawer.

I dont know if you can tell, but these boxes are a thing, curved wood boxes. Not only does it feel like it is going to break with anything heavy on them, but you lose a small portion of the drawer because of its design.

When I am reaching out to handy persons or carpenters, they seem confused when I am trying to explain these drawers and don't understand why we want them rebuilt. Since there are only 6 of them, most aren't interested in the job due to its small size, and hobbyist aren't comfortable with the job for the exact opposite reasons.

Is there anyone out there who would know the carpentry name or explanation that would allow me to give prospective crafters the best information.

We had someone lined up for the end of december, so we already removed and filled the pins in the cabinets, so we haven't had drawers in over a month. I know we cant expect them to be built RIGHT NOW, but we need to get something planned and scheduled and im getting very frustrated. I am an IT person, so I have zero knowledge on how to do this myself. The thought of measuring and installing drawers give me anxiety.

Thank you for your insight.

Comments (12)