SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crmum

Chandelier needed - 42" round table for eat in kitchen with view

crmum
6 years ago

I could really use some recommendations please. We are doing a complete rehab of kitchen in our newly purchased 1970's home. Kitchen is long and thin with a 9' X 11.5' eat in area on the east end. The kitchen is north facing and has a fantastic PNW view. The eat in area has a fireplace on the south wall.

Plan is to have a 42" round table (that we can expand with a leaf). Currently, there is a lamp on a chain that comes from the center of the eat in area. The lamp is actually hanging 24" from the window. I don't know what to do for lighting in this area. The kitchen area will have recessed and under counter lighting. I think I want a chandelier that is fairly open so you can see through to views. Do I have the electricity moved so that a fixture can hang directly over a more reasonable place for the table? I'm thinking the chandelier should be about 48" from north wall..does that make sense?

Also, I would love any suggestions on fixtures.

Finally, there will be a small peninsula (about 46 inches long) between the kitchen area and the eat in area. Should I have some lighting installed for this area? What type?

Thank you so much for any input, it is appreciated.

Comments (18)