SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hutchae84

Beginning stages of kitchen design/renovation

We are at the beginning stages of planning a complete kitchen remodel and I am nervous about not planning things out ahead of time. Or picking out different design elements that don't flow together at the end. Basically the only two things we know for sure are, hardware will be antique brass and floors will be medium-wide plank wood.

Hardware finish :

Cabinets will be painted, most likely white or possibly a blue-green .

Besides that I am kind of at loss. I believe we want a quartz or countertop that is white with a grey vein. And possibly a white glass backsplash in a herringbone.

Does this overall theme seem to work well together? Any insight (especially on backsplash)?

Part 2 of my questions, when making the cabinet choices, who would be the person to help with cabinet feet, moulding at the ceiling, toe kicks, end panels, etc? Would an experienced general contractor have insight, or the cabinetry maker? Or is this something I would really need to consult an interior designer with?

We are going thru the house with our GE Monday so hopefully they will clear some things up. We start full remodel beginning of April.

Comments (25)