SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pors996_gw

Beginning Major Renovation

pors996
12 years ago

I have been reading this forum for several months and enjoying lots of great information. I am purchasing a 1959 ranch in Westport CT, and closing November 1. The property is 1596 square feet and I will be doing a large renovation in two phases. The property is situated on a level one acre lot that makes it very easy to expand. The plans will be completed in the next two weeks for phase 1 and 2. Phase 1 will begin in November right after closing. Phase 1 will consist of a 1000 square foot kitchen and family room addition, and phase 2 will begin late next year which will be a 2000 square addition which will include a master bedroom, masterbath,exercise room and one additional bedroom. The property will remain a ranch, I have owned several colonials and like the idea of one floor living.

The exterior is currently painted cedar shake and will be stripped down and repainted. My goal is to keep the exterior traditional looking to keep with the neighborhood, however having owned several very traditional houses I am going to do inside modern or somewhat of a contemporary classic look. I plan on staying in this property a long time and want to make sure things are done right.

My first questions pertains to appliances, I have looked at several different options and was leaning toward electrolux icon however I got offered what I think is a great deal on a SUB/Wolf package and for the extra 3000 going to go for it but am looking for feedback.

48 Inch Sub Panel ready

427 27 Sub Zero wine storage panel ready

48 inch wolfe cook top

wolf double ovens

wolf microave which is made by sharp

wold warming drawer

Bosch Dishwasher

48 inch bertazoni hood mostly for the look

Someone else said the bertazoni hood will not be powerful enough for the 48 inch range but based on what I read 100 to 150 cfm's per foot is adequate. The bertazoni is rated at 650 cfm's. I am looking forward to sharing pics with everyone. I have done several renovation projects but this will be the largest so I need all the help I can get!

Comments (9)