Bras are too expensive to throw away without a fight!
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (43)
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Why do the big chain stores throw away plants?
Comments (12)I had been purchasing the "not so great" plants at a discounted price for several weeks and the cashier would list the item on the receipt as damaged - as is. Therefore, no warranty would apply. Then yesterday they were throwing away plants that were in better condition than the ones I had bought. Anyway, I was just surprised. This Lowe's store just doesn't care about their plants. I can tell you that the one in Alpharetta (Windward Parkway) is awesome. They REALLY care about what they do and are very helpful. There is someone always in the garden center willing to help you. I appreciate everyone's stories...it helps me to understand there are some that are compassionate about what they do and are willing to make a decision in the best interest of the plants and then there are some that can't....See MoreWhen is it OK to just 'throw it away?'
Comments (69)Whew! I'm tired just reading. DH and I got married in our late 30's and had to combine stuff. My son and I were moving into "his" condo and it just didn't occur to him to do any more than push some clothing down the rod. It was more like he gave us the space of an overnight guest. It took us several years to really make the transition. Of course, my biggest interest was in getting rid of his bachelor funiture and he fought me all the way. I just got rid of the last piece this summer. Much easier to decide which coffee pot was the newest and best to keep. But deciding if my fabric got space vs his books? Oh, man, that caused a few go-arounds. Luckily, he had an office building and we knew we would be househunting fairly soon, so quite a bit went into storage. I really shouldn't have kept any of it. Gloria...See MoreCleaning out clothes - stay or throw-away?
Comments (43)Liz, Start by getting rid of EVERYTHING that doesn't fit, without any exceptions that it might fit "some day". Make it your goal to know that you can pull out any item of clothing and not have to put it back because it's the wrong size. I am familiar with that "finding a good home" idea and I kept things way longer than I should have because of it. Send your clothes to the thrift store and just picture in your mind someone finding your outfit and exclaiming, "This is PERFECT!". About 2 years ago I discovered the joy of thrift store shopping. LOL It takes time to go through the racks, but I like the thrill of the hunt. Never again will I pay $100 for a wool blazer (bought a like-new one yesterday for $1.60) or $50 for a pair of my favorite jeans (bought 2 pairs yesterday for $2.40 each that looked brand new) etc. I ended up with a new blazer, 2 pairs of jeans, one wool sweater with tags from the Gap, 3 long sleeved tops nice enough to wear to work, a half-dozen scented Yankee votive candles, a brand new big heavy weight fleece blanket to take to my sons football games (for $1.40!), 7 paperback books, and a pair of mens snow pants, all for about $23. Now I find it MUCH easier to get rid of clothes that aren't "me" because now I know that someone out there will find them and be happy. All the clothes in my closet are the right size except one turtleneck I pulled out yesterday that is a size too big. It went directly in a bag to be given away later. Bud--funny story: We work in a conservative midwestern office where we often get those "trendy" dressing, young, transfers from California coming in. They call it "trendy" but we call it "inappropriate". LOL Julie...See MoreMy plants have mealy bugs, do I throw everything away?
Comments (3)Cyann Imontestella said it - your mix was probably OK and many ppl use it without any problem. But there are times when it could have some problems: C&S mix could have too much peat in it. Only way to tell is to check the ingredients list on the bag. Not all manufacturers make it exactly same way. If that is the case, maybe it was staying wet longer than expected. Fungus gnats like moist and organic environment: wet soil, water standing in saucers, lots of organic matter in the mix and also fallen debris from plants. Maybe it was hot & humid in the room. And it takes only 1 plant brought in with some FG, and they will spread around. Same with most of the pests. Mealy bugs could be get rid of by spraying succulents with rubbing alcohol/water mixture (I have used it undiluted without any problems). It is better to spray plants since these buggers like to hide where you can't get to with q tip. Scale dies if you wet it with a q tip moistened in rubbing alcohol. They often stick to stems and the leaves. Or you could spray just as for mealy. While spraying, do not keep plants in strong sunlight, but it is OK as soon as RA dries up (pretty fast). There may not be need to throw plants out if you catch it early. I would only dispose of it if it was really overwhelming. Keep brand new plants (or any infected now) isolated as suggested above. Pick up any fallen-dried pieces of plants. Get rid of any standing water. Make sure all containers have drainage holes. Double check ingredients of C&S mix. Sift or rinse perlite to get rid of smallest particles and dust. You could add some grit to your mix you can get any - maybe25% C&S soil, rest equal amount of grit & sifted perlite. But you don't have to if you have only C&S soil and perlite - if the old mix is staying wet for too long, increase amount of perlite. You can use 60 - 75% of perlite. Using small fan helps a lot = better air circulation. Do you have garden, terrace or balcony? If so, you could keep all plants out there... How do you propagate the succulent leaves? Can you post photo? You can keep babies from the spider plant - leave them attached, or root for new plants if you wish so. I do not grow photos but I believe it is extremely easy to root it even in water (and I am not a fan of rooting plants in water, haha). Maybe wait with propagating bunny ears for a while - as Imontestella suggested :)...See More- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
Related Stories

EVENTSDon't Throw Away Another Household Item Before Reading This
Repair Cafe events around the world enlist savvy volunteers to fix broken lamps, bicycles, electronics, small appliances, clothing and more
Full Story
COLORColor Commitment Issues? Just Throw In a Pillow
You don't need to go big or permanent to go bold with color in your rooms; you only need to master the easy art of the toss
Full Story
WORKING WITH PROSThe 4 Potentially Most Expensive Words in Remodeling
‘While you’re at it’ can result in change orders that quickly add up
Full Story
MORE ROOMSHome Tech: Getting Rid of Wires Without Sacrificing Sound
Wireless home technology still isn't perfect, but new products are giving audiophiles choices
Full Story
BATHROOM COLOR8 Ways to Spruce Up an Older Bathroom (Without Remodeling)
Mint tiles got you feeling blue? Don’t demolish — distract the eye by updating small details
Full Story
LIFEHow Your Landscaping Can Keep Burglars Away
Prevent home break-ins with strategic landscaping and good practices instead of menacing — and maybe less effective — measures
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGHow to Declutter Without Going Minimalist
Here are 10 ways to get your home tidy and organized while keeping that personal touch
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME10 Ways to Fight Pollen at Home
Keep sneezing and stuffiness to a minimum by making your house as pollen free as possible
Full Story
GREEN DECORATING6 Ways to Cool Off Without Air Conditioning
These methods can reduce temperatures in the home and save on energy bills
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Stop Fighting About Household Chores
If you are naturally tidy and your partner is on the messy side, it may be time to take relationship-saving action
Full Story




pudgeder