SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariek

Help Needed with Living Room Update

Marie
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have a budget of $5,000 and I want to update my living room. I realize I won't be able to finish it all but I can get started and add to it as I can afford to.

My living room and dining room are one long room. I have a fireplace focal point at one end - living room area - and dining room table and 6 chairs at the other end.

My dining room chairs are brown - I was in a brown phase - I may upholster these a lighter shade of "greige" when I can afford to. For now they are staying but the room will be painted and the drapes replaced with the same as the living room.

I have picked a paint colour but not yet painted (Sherwin Williams Worldly Grey) and raised my curtain rods and hung new drapes (Kaden in Light Grey from Urban Barn).

I have picked out a sofa (Manhattan in Campbell Stone from Urban Barn) and 2 chairs (G Romano Spin).

But I'm having a hard time picking out the upholstery for the 2 chairs. These chairs will divide the living room and dining room area.

I have fabric samples but I'm not sure whether to go light or dark with the chairs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments (6)