SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whitneyjohnsen

HELP! Please ADVISE...Refinishing brand new kitchen cabinets (tears)

whitneyjohnsen
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I would be so very grateful for any help or advice that could be given as I am in a pickle!

We just moved into our custom home a month ago and it wasn't until just before moving in and the lights being repaired and the protective paper and plastic coming down that I realized the cabinets are the WRONG COLOR! My heart is breaking a bit even as I write this.

We went modern farmhouse and because there is so so much white my husbands only request was that it not feel like an operating room, cold and sterile... we went with BM Simply White and we love it! Walls and trim. Well the color that we were getting for cabinets went well with this. However, the cabinet color that was signed off on and installed is Designer White. A perfectly fine white but way too cold for our house. There a tinge of blue in them that I cannot get over! How my husband wishes I could!

So, instead of just applying paint on top I have them being re-factory finished -- just ripping the bandaid off and getting them fixed (AHHHHH). I've considered painting the walls around the cabinets but that will not fix the problem of the cool white );

Who knew there were so many whites!!!

I am terrified of not picking the right warm white. I don't want to do Simply White bc I don't mind them being slightly different from the walls - but they must be a bright warm white (not cream) with NO cool tones. If anyone has a favorite or tried and true color to suggest I would be so grateful!

hope to add pics shortly.

Thank you thank you!

Whitney

Comments (20)