SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dgarstang

Sherwin Williams Color for Limited Light Space - Mindful Gray?

dgarstang
6 years ago

I'm down to the wire on an interior paint job. The painting companies color consultant came out yesterday and did a consult, but one hour simply wasn't enough time to go through every room of a house in excrutiating detail and pick colors. Honestly, I don't know how they can expect this to be enough time.

I have a two story condo. The bottom floor faces east/west but due to it's shape, and no windows on the sides, gets limited light. This is what my floor looks like (not the actual condo):

The consultant and I discussed SW agreeable gray and SW worldly gray. She didn't like worldy gray for my space. She liked SW Lazy Gray, as do I, but I put some of that on the wall once before and it turned blue. I like SW colonial revival gray but it appears to be the same color as the floor, not good. She liked SW Repose Gray but I have that in a room upstairs and I don't like it. It's washed out, and again, looks blue. We also discussed SW Mindful Gray but I'm concerned that Mindful Gray would be too dark for this space with limited light. What to do!?!?!?

Comments (9)