SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_47948724

Please help, my succulents are dying!

User
6 years ago

Hello, this is the first plant I have ever owned and I think I'm killing it... I received a terrarium with 4 plants in it for christmas, they already seemed so overgrown and needed to be repotted. After 3 weeks I felt ready to repot them but I was silly and didn't remove the old soil. A week has passed on and although they were already showing signs of stress before, they now look like they are on their way to their graves.

The echeveria was seriously overgrown and soft. Now the leaves are wrinkled as well. The jade plant was perfect but now the bottom leaf is wrinkled. The crassula tetragona had normal dying of leaves at the bottom of the stem but now the leaves in the middle are turning yellow with brown spots and the gasteria/aloe went from being green and plump to brown and thin.

I have been watering by soaking the soil and letting it dry fully before watering again. I check the soil with a skewer to ensure it's dry. They get about 7-8 hours of sun, mostly full sun but in the afternoon I give them partial sun because it can be harsh. It's been 20-32 celsius in the past few weeks.

I repotted them just before as a last resort and realised they had completely taken over the soil they were in and the roots were a tangled mess. I did my best to seperate them without too much damage but I wouldn't be surprised if they die because of me now. The echeveria didn't even have roots? it was just some dried up ball of brown stuff. The aloe/gasteria looked like the bottom leaves and top of the root was rotting, and the jade and crassula tetragona looked okay to me.

I don't know what is going on? Rot? Overwatered? Underwatered? There are so many different issues going on and I'm way out of my league. Please help if you can, I don't know what to do from here??

Please let me know if you want any photos, I have heaps!!!

Comments (4)