SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hollabaughr

Elkay Crosstown vs Elkay Lustertone vs Other brands

R H
6 years ago

We are in the process of upgrading our old kitchen counters and sink. I've read enough forum posts to have a good sense of what to look for, but have not found an answer to my particular questions about Elkay sinks:

Is there a noticeable difference in quality among their stainless sink product lines? In particular, will I regret buying an Elkay Crosstown sink, and not one from their Lustertone line?

For a number of reasons, it's been difficult to find the right sink for our kitchen. This Elkay Crosstown model fits the bill on nearly every aspect of our want list. I'm also really interested in this similar Elkay Lustertone model, but the slightly larger size could be problematic.

My impression is that the Elkay Lustertone sinks are a bit higher quality and may wear better over time. Can anyone speak to this? They also are made in the USA whereas the Elkay Crosstown series does not have the Lustertone finish, and I believe are made in China. It's a bit of a bummer, and has made me indecisive.

Any advice? Are both great sinks? Part of me also wonders if a made in China Elkay is any better than a made in China Krauss, or Build.com Miseno sink (so tempting with the 16 gauge and price tag, but I don't know how the finish would hold up!)

I appreciate any experience on this matter!

Comments (59)

• Honu3421
    6 years ago

i had a lustertone sink in my last house. When we sold the house 30 years later it still polished up to nearly new condition and it has many more years of life left. When we built our current house I looked at all the different sinks out there but, to me, none matched the quality and finish of the lustertone. Two years in and I don’t regret my decision. I have a large single basin sink and a prep sink. You need to double check the catalogue to make sure the sink you choose is manufactured in US (if that matters to you).

R H thanked Honu3421
  • mabeldingeldine
    6 years ago

I have an Elkay Crosstown sink. Read more about it on this thread.

• Related Discussions

Need Help with Sink Decision - Blanco vs Elkay

Q

Comments (5)
    Misslivvy - Both Blanco and Elkay are very well established companies that stand behind their products. Knowing that's the case, there are three specific things I would want if it were my sink. #1 - A noisy sink (from running water or the clattering of dishes) bugs me, so I'd want to know what's on the underside of the sink to absorb the sound. #2 - I once broke a wine glass when it fell over in my old sink. That's when I found out the hard way the not all stainless steel sinks have perfectly flat bottoms. The angle on the bottom of my sink made it impossible for my good wine glasses to stand upright. Won't make that mistake again. #3 - This isn't a big deal to everyone, but for me, I like to know I'm spending on products that are made in America. Here are links to the spec sheets on the 2 specifc models you mentioned. The Elkay sink says it has their sound-deadening material on the underside, but the Blanco spec doesn't mention sound deadening so I'm not sure what it has. Both spec sheets show side view diagrams. Looks like both have a bit of an angle to the bottom, but the Blanco sink is definitely drawn so that it doesn't look as level as the Elkay. Finally, the Elkay spec sheet does say this model is Made in USA, but the Blanco spec doesn't say where it was made. I'd go with the Elkay. Hope this helps. Good luck. http://www.elkayusa.com/cps/rde/xbcr/elkay/01-110G_ELU(H)2816.pdf http://www.blancoamerica.com/inter/kt/HeilerPPMKatalog/hlr-system/USA/Sinks_Bowls/BLANCOSTELLAR_Super_Single_Bowl/Spec_Page/441024.pdf
    ...See More

Elkay lustertone - how does the look compare regular stainless?

Q

Comments (3)
    From what I read on their website, I think they might be quite nice. I remodeled in 2002, and at that time, I nixed Elkay immediately because the only choices were a mirror finish or an extremely brushed finish. The brushed finish was just too much, IMO. The description of Lustertone sounds like what I ended up with --- I got a Kindred with a Satin finish. No matter which finish you get, stainless does scratch. Getting a Satin, Silk, and probably Lustertone finish somewhat minimizes the scratches vs a mirror finish, and the softer finishes blend those scratches into a nice glowing patina faster. Cleaning your sink with Barkeeper's Friend or Bon Ami helps too.
    ...See More

Help!? Blanco, Kraus, Elkay, Vigo Composite sinks

Q

Comments (16)
    I am close to starting a kitchen renovation that includes an Elkay Quartz Luxe in Silvermist. My son bought a home that has an Elkay classic quartz in black. He already has a white cloudy stain in the faint shape of a circle-like a bowl- that sat in the sink. They have no idea what could have caused this to happen and have tried everything to remove it but it seems to be permanent. So now I am worried and wonder I should switch to stainless. Is it not ok to leave dishes sit in a quartz sink when you are rushing out the door to work or having a midnight snack?
    ...See More

Elkay vs Kohler Kitchen Faucet and sink

Q

Comments (1)
    I bought this Elkay sink for my kitchen remodel six years ago. I liked the offset drain. It's a simple, basic sink and it works perfectly.
    ...See More
  • R H
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Honu3421 and Lisa SW, thanks! Glad to hear your sinks are performers. I've narrowed it down to two choices and am still stuck. The absurdity of this sink search has not been lost on me.

We have a 16 gauge Kraus (courtesy of Amazon) sitting in our foyer right now. Surprisingly, I like the finish on it, though can tell it's a bit less quality in the corners. However, it's much smoother than the 16 gauge Elkay Crosstown we returned. And, many, many Houzzers and other online reviews seem to indicate it's an excellent sink for the value.

But, I also keep thinking about this Elkay Lustertone, with it's "perfect drain." But it is 18 gauge, which might not matter in the grand scheme of things. And I don't need the perfect drain - it's just kind of cool.

So my questions really are:

1) Is an 18 gauge Elkay with a superior finish going to hold up better long-term, than a highly reputed, 16 gauge Kraus with a "nice" finish?

2) Will the Elkay with it's perfect drain, drain better than the Kraus? (Some reviews lead me to think this is the case)

3) Will 16 gauge better withstand the rigors of children who turn into clumsy teenagers?

4) Is it possible that the Kraus, with it's discount price, is for whatever reason, not built to last like an Elkay would? Again, my reading seems to suggest that as long as the sink is T304, 18/10 - it's good. But I don't know. The adage of "You get what you pay for" comes to mind... But goods can be so marked up by brand name, that I don't know if that's always true either.

Thanks for reading my crazy thoughts!

• Lisa SW
    6 years ago
    RH, first you have my sympathies. During an entire kitchen remodel, I probably stressed over and second guessed my sink choice more than any other item. I think it’s difficult for us to compare the Elkay and Kraus because I doubt any of us have had both, but I’ll answer what I can. 1) finish — Honu and I can attest that the lustretone holds up well, no way for us to compare to Kraus; 2) the perfect drain is great aesthetically, but I can’t say that I’ve noticed it draining particularly better than my old sink; 3) past clumsy teens here but clumsy husband is constantly banging the cast iron skillet in the sink. Based on my experience and Honu’s 30 years I don’t think 18 vs. 16 gauge will make an appreciable difference. I think the difference comes with a 22-24 gauge cheap sink vs. an 18 gauge premium sink; 4) no idea.

If I’m reading you correctly you seem to be leaning towards the Elkay. If so, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with it. (And after a week of use you won’t even be thinking about it.)
  • Chessie
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

1) Is an 18 gauge Elkay with a superior finish going to hold up better long-term, than a highly reputed, 16 gauge Kraus with a "nice" finish?

I would not let the 16/18 gauge be a factor. From all the research I have done, you will see no difference in the performance. As I said earlier, my old 18 gauge Elkay was nearly 20 years old at its replacement, with nary a dent or a ding. I never tried to be careful or worried about banging into it. I have only one son, but I assure you he was never careful. And the sink held up perfectly.

That said, if you are the type to seriously bang around heavy pots a lot, in your sink, then maybe you would be better off with the heavier gauge. But honestly, I think anyone that is that rough, will also be the person that winds up with seriously chipped counter edges too. I can't find any evidence online, where the 16 gauge was a better performer. I honestly believe that it was more of a marketing thing to appeal to "high end" buyers, to coax a few more dollars out of our pocketbooks. Of course, go figure, my 18 gauge Kohler cost far more than any of the 16 gauges I looked at, but my factors were the quality of the finish, the size, and construction (no zero radius).

I do think that Perfect Drain is the bomb. It's not only clean-draining, it's darn pretty.

• R H
    Original Author
    6 years ago

mabeldingeldine, interesting. That was my impression too - the brushed stainless was too course for my liking.

Everyone else - thank you! You've eased my mind a bit about the durability of 18 gauge. We are very careful in the kitchen, but do use cast iron sometimes. I just wanted to be reassured that it could handle some accidents and not (hopefully) suffer immediate effects.

I think I'm going to try and find a Lustertone in a store before buying, then hopefully make a decision so I can indeed, forget about this! Lol. Thanks so much again.

• Lisa SW
    6 years ago
    Best bet is to call around to some plumbing supply or kitchen design stores to see if there’s a lustretone on display. They’re often special order and it can be a challenge to find one displayed.

Whatever you choose...enjoy!
  • Chessie
    6 years ago

R H, I have used cast iron for YEARS. Dutch ovens as well as pans. Not a single issue.

As to finding sinks on display - oh I have stories. LOL. My search for a sink started with a random visit to a Fergusons Supply - when we were out of town last spring. I saw SO MANY beautiful sinks. I ended up visiting supply stores every time I went out of town LOL. I have probably been in 15 different showrooms/galleries, just looking at sinks. :-) It really does help to actually SEE them. Good luck with your decision!

R H thanked Chessie
  • R H
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks Chess! I've been to one showroom in our area, and was somewhat disappointed by the lack of selection. Home Depot isn't any better. As a result, I've ordered three sinks thus far - so ridiculous - and returned two. Amazon was forgiving of this, but my return to Build.com was expensive! I mean, I get it. They are big and heavy. Still, I wish there were better options for seeing sinks before ordering.

At this point, I feel good about my remaining choices. I called the Ferguson's in our area, but they only have "a couple" Elkay on display, and they are 30 minutes away. So, I think I'll just order the Elkay tonight. I assume I'll love it, as it's the most expensive *eyeroll* but if not, the Kraus will be my back up, lol.

I'll be sure to post my final choice and overall impressions. :)

• Honu3421
    6 years ago

Do you intend to use a sink grate? My sink grate is sturdy and can handle my heavy pots with ease. It sounds like the grate would save you a lot of heartburn no matter which sink you end up choosing.

• R H
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Honu3421, yes. At least, we do plan to use a grate and you are right - it will likely alleviate some of these concerns. I actually keep forgetting about the grate, because our current sink is an old 40/60 TranSolid (already in place when we bought the home), so we just aren't used to that kind of set up.

The Lustertone should arrive soon...

• Chessie
    6 years ago

I have never used a sink grid before this sink. And honestly I never would have even thought to use one, if I had not done so much research on them before my own sink purchase. I decided to try one, and of course tried a couple that should have fit, given their measurements, but they were either way to small, or just a hair too large. So I wound up getting the one made for it, and it is by far the best one - of course it cost more but oh well. I like that it sits off the sink bottom - it only touches the sides. So far, I do like it.

I use it on the right side where the disposal is, so I never have to worry about anything getting hung up in it. I bought a very inexpensive one for the other side as I never have food scraps in that side. I was disappointed that Kohler did not make a matching longer one for the left side.

R H thanked Chessie
  • Lisa SW
    6 years ago
    I’d never used grids before either, but purchased the coordinating Elkay grills when I purchased the sink. I’m very pleased with them and their quality, but I can’t compare to other brands. RH, you didn’t mention a garbage disposal, but for anyone else who may read this, I cannot recommend the Elkay disposal stopper. It certainly stops, the water, but the suction was so strong that the rubber gasket remained in the drain the first time I used it. Plus if I wanted water to drain it didn’t sit flush. I trimmed the rubber and still use it to cover the disposal. It keeps previously mentioned careless husband from dropping utensils down the disposal. Yes, I had to replace a two-week-old disposal. I use my insinkerator stopper on the rare occasion when I fill the smaller bowl.

Sadly, I just realized I don’t have a perfect drain, so disregard previous comments. Still, the conical basket looks pretty cool!

Hope the latest sink ordered is “the one” and you’re as happy with your sink as we seem to be with ours.

As long as we’re sharing sink pictures :)
    R H thanked Lisa SW
  • R H
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Lisa SW, the strainer basket does look cool too! We will have a GD setup though, so won't be able to enjoy the basket. Still, I'll settle for the "perfect drain." Lol.

Chess, is that a 1/8" positive reveal on your sink? If so, that is the plan for ours as well.

Thank you both for posting the sink photos! I'll be excited for this project to be finished and put our new large single sink and grate to use. We had reservations about losing a basin because we hand wash a lot, but I think we're going to like the space and the grate - not to mention getting rid of a scratched up, stained, peach(!)-colored sink and pink formica (selected by previous homeowners).

• Chessie
    6 years ago

R H, that reveal is just over 1/4". I was very specific about what I wanted there. One of the things I wanted in my sink was the super polished edges, as I just love the shine, so of course I wanted to see that. I told the fabricator to make sure that the reveal was enough to allow that.

I wanted to mention that I discovered this very cool item after I got my sink (you can see it laying on the left side - for some reason I took it out for the picture but I don't know why LOL.) I love this thing. No more worries about a spoon or straw falling into the GD and having to go after it. :-) Where has this thing been all my life???

https://www.amazon.com/Danco-10051-Disposal-Genie-Black/dp/B002VHS19M

• R H
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Chess, that is one intriguing little device! We've only had one spoon end up in the disposal over the years, but as kids get older and we move to a single drain with a GD, I can see that this item would be handy. It's now in my Amazon cart as a "buy later" item, lol. Thanks!

• Lisa SW
    6 years ago
    Hope I’m not hijacking, but Chess might save a 30-year marriage! Do you just slip this device into the disposal and leave it there? Can it be easily removed? I generally just use the disposal for scraping plates but will occasionally grind a chunk of meat, etc. I thought with a double bow sink I could train hubby to put dirty dishes on the non-disposal side...nope. Thought I could train him to keep strainer in...nope again. (He does have other fine qualities.)
  • Chessie
    6 years ago

Haha! Yes you can leave in - even while running the disposal. I have found that small things like carrot peels and the like, will rinse right past it into the disposal. I only remove it to put in bigger things like leftovers, or potato peelings, etc. I do take it out (very easy - it simply lifts out) and give it a quick brushing when I clean the sink. I wish I could say that I have only chewed up a single spoon over the years...oy! But yes this little device is just amazing.

• R H
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Well everyone, the Elkay Lustertone sink arrived yesterday (contestant #4, if keeping track).

I wish I was more excited about it, but frankly, it's a bit of a let down and I'm going to keep the Kraus instead. To be clear, the perfect drain is really cool and the Lustertone finish is lovely. It would have made me happy if not for other drawbacks:

• No sound guard under coating - just sound pads. I fully expected to see the sound-deadening pads and under coating that were on the Elkay Crosstown sink, and also the Kraus sink I ordered. I mean, Lustertone is supposed to be one of Elkay's premium lines, right? I understand that the pads are the primary source of sound absorption, but the coating also helps reduce condensation, and I would think, provides a little more overall sound deadening. I called Elkay to discuss this, and was told that my sink was legitimate (another concern of mine), and that supposedly, they are moving away from undercoating the sinks. I asked why, and was given a "Umm...it umm...isn't necessary and decreases weight under the sink...and they are just moving away from it." Well, that clears things up.

• Surface rust spot on the lip of the sink - I know, it could easily be buffed out, and must be from something else, not the SS itself. I was still annoyed to see it on a brand new sink.
    • Finish was not consistent around the drain - The Lustertone finish is beautiful. I love that it has the grain of a good patina, but also has incredible shine and a very smooth surface. It is my favorite finish of the sinks I've tried. That said, the finish develops a subtle orange peel appearance around the drain, and loses some of its sheen. I think they didn't complete the process very well in that area.

• Subtle divots in metal - I tried to take pictures, but with the shine, they didn't show up. When looking at the sink in person though, you can see several divot-like imperfections on either side of the sink at the bottom, where the sidewall bends into the bottom. Oddly, my husband was the first to notice them, and pointed it out to me. If DH notices something on a sink, well, I'll let you draw your own conclusions, lol.

• Noisier compared to Kraus - Yes, the Elkay is 18 gauge vs the Kraus being 16 gauge. But the Kraus still has sound pads AND undercoating. Side-by-side, the Elkay is noisier when I tap the sidewalls, and there is noticeable reverberation. The Kraus only emits a low thud. I also found I could flex the sidewalls of the Elkay. Not so with the Kraus.

• In summary, I wanted to love the Elkay. I gladly would pay more for a premium sink that is made in the USA and has a beautiful finish. But those qualities did not make up for the overall cheaper feel of this sink (and it's not cheap!), and appearance of less-than-great quality control. It's disappointing. I could have looked past the spot of rust, the slight flex of the sidewalls (I know 18 gauge is still strong), and maybe even the subtle divots in the metal. But that, combined with the cheaper soundproofing, poor finish around the drain, and the fact that it's twice as much $$ as the 16 gauge Kraus... well, I just can't do it. Perfect drain or not. I look at my Kraus and it's not quite as shiny as the Lustertone, and it lacks a perfect drain, but it wins out in all other respects. I do suspect it won't drain as quickly as the Elkay, which has a more sloped bottom, but the Kraus also has tighter (but not zero) radius corners, which makes it appear larger and gives more usable space within the same dimensions.

• I know some of you who posted have great experiences with your Elkay Lustertone sinks. I don't doubt it, so hopefully mine is an aberration. But at this point, I have to call it quits on my sink search.

• Sorry for the essay! And if you read all of it, thank you! Hopefully this will help prevent someone else from ordering four different sinks. Lol.

• Chessie
    6 years ago

Oh man - I know that is a disappointment! But happy for you on reaching the end of your sink search!!

• R H
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Chess, thanks to you and the others, for your suggestions and commentary! Perhaps we'll meet again on Houzz, when our basement finishing project begins, lol.

• R H
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Just providing an update to this post: The Kraus sink is in, and thus far, we love it! We use a small dish basin to compartmentalize for dish washing, and that has worked well. We are really happy with the single basin and the grid is fantastic. And Chess, we are using the Disposal Genie, which also is pretty great, lol. Thanks again!

• Chessie
    6 years ago

Honestly, I wish I had found that thing years ago! Glad you like it, and glad you love your sink! :-)

• Lisa SW
    6 years ago
    Very nice! Consider all those returned sinks part of the process to find “the one”. Fingers crossed, but after several weeks I haven’t found the disposal genie out of place. This (now) amusing story illustrates how chess saved my marriage. Shortly after kitchen was completed I turned on the disposal. There was an awful noise and it felt like the sink was going jump out of the counter. Husband claimed disposals get louder as they age. Really...two weeks old? GC gave him points for creative excuses (as he installed and I paid for yet another disposal). Thanks, chess.
  • A G
    5 years ago

I think Elkay must be going through some changes in their manufacturing. I have been on a sink question for an upcoming kitchen remodel and those in the business have suggested that Elkay was 100% reliable on a consistent basis in the past but that not so much so any longer. And to hear of the concerns with the sink you received earlier this year, the rust in particular is positively inexcusable! I was planning to order an Elkay Lustertone next week because the USED TO have beautiful finishes and be reliable but at this point, I think I will look at Franke which I understand is a well respected German brand using stainless from Germany.

• R H
    Original Author
    5 years ago

AG, for what it's worth, I've since learned that "rust" on SS is typically just the result of something else on it that has oxidized (like steel wool, etc). It was a tiny spot, and I'm sure it would have come off had I kept the sink and cleaned it, but I was just very unimpressed with the rest of it. I have to say, we're still happy with the Kraus and feel it was a good bang for our buck.

• lucky998877
    5 years ago

Elkay, what model numbers should I be looking for to make sure that I buy the newer and improved version of your sink?

• PRO
    Elkay
    5 years ago

Hi A G, thank you for your feedback! We are continually working to improve and provide innovative, reliable products to meet your needs. If you are still considering an Elkay sink, we recently released our newest stainless steel sink line, Lustertone Iconix. These sinks combine our resilient Lustertone finish with a modern design. You can find more information here.

• Chessie
    5 years ago

Those^^ are really nice!

• PRO
    Elkay
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Hi luckyblueeye, thank you for your question. All model numbers are still the same as the change has been made across our stainless steel sinks with a few exceptions. If you need any more assistance in selecting your perfect sink please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 800-476-4106 or email CustCare@Elkay.com

• newtonsmom
    5 years ago

Hello everyone, I can't tell you how incredibly helpful this discussion has been--if nothing else, to validate my own obsessive search for the "perfect sink" (um, not gonna happen....). I have been looking at the Elkay Crosstown http://www.elkay.com/ectru32179rtc , and it's not clear to me what type of finish it has vs the Lustertone, or where it's made. The above discussions about Elkay removing some of their sound-deadening really got my attention. I don't want my sink to boom or thud. I only have a 33" cabinet, so my choices are limited.

I'm seriously considering blowing the sink budget for Kohler's latest, https://www.us.kohler.com/us/prolific-undermount-single-bowl-kitchen-sink-with-accessories/productDetail/kitchen-sinks/1368614.htm?skuId=1368550&brandId=1092284 This is the cleverest sink I've ever seen, and it gives me an ersatz 2nd sink with the wash bowl. I'm worried about the ridges on the edges being a nuisance for putting my bigger pots and baking dishes into the sink, though.

Thoughts?

• Chessie
    5 years ago

The changes were to "include larger sound-deadening pads and removed the sound-deadening coating". I did not read that to meant that the sound-deadening had been lessened, at all.

• newtonsmom
    5 years ago

WOW. I just called Kohler to see what sound deadening they provide and the answer from their call center was "it's either 3 or 4 sound pads on the underside of the sink". Which, I ask--3 or 4? Answer: "It's whatever they put on in the factory that day." What???

So much for quality control. I'm astounded. This is Kohler, made in WI, not China. The person on the line installs whichever they're in the mood for that day, and that's okay with Kohler quality control. YIKES.

The search continues...

• Chessie
    5 years ago

I have a Kohler. There are sound-deadening pads on the sides. No issues at all. It's a high quality sink. Not sure what you are reading into the person' comment on the phone...half the time the people that answer phones don't know anything anyway.

You can find this information on the website.

https://support.kohler.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003203774-Stainless-Steel-Sinks-Information-

• newtonsmom
    5 years ago

Thanks, Chess. I wasn't "reading in", honestly--she flat-out stated that she was looking at engr drawings and that the assy plant makes them with either 3 or 4 pads and there's no control over what you get. Your link was really helpful giving me an "official" picture.

• Chessie
    5 years ago

Well, I actually made a few calls to Koehler myself, last year, when looking for my sink. And I tell ya I had to call 3 times before I could ever get ahold of someone that would actually take the time to find out the answer to my question. It was frustrating, but in the end, I bought the sink and I love it. Good luck with your search! :-)

• Sarah Lawyer
    5 years ago

Will there be issues with condensation on the bottom of the Elkay Lustertone Iconix? Shouldn't there be this coating all around the sink like the Krauss sinks have?

• Chessie
    5 years ago

The coating is not for condensation. It’s sound deadening. The pads have the same effect as the coating.

• Sarah Lawyer
    5 years ago
    Actually, if you research it, The spray coating is for condensation. I have ordered several sinks that have the spray coating with the sound deadening pads over top of it. They each serve their own purpose.
  • Chessie
    5 years ago

I’ve never seen a sink with both. Also, I’ve never had any condensation underneath my sink. Guess if your sink cabinet is such that you have such problems, get a sink with a coating.

• Sarah Lawyer
    5 years ago

All the Krauss sinks have both.

• Chessie
    5 years ago

I don’t care for the Krauss sinks, I just don’t like the finish. But Elkay sinks always worked great for me. No condensation issues.

• Sarah Lawyer
    5 years ago
    We’re leaning towards Elkay for sure. I love the finish!
  • zookeeper237
    5 years ago
    R H Can you tell me what faucet you have in your photo of the sink? I’ve been searching for faucets as well as sinks and really like the look of yours. Thanks.
  • R H
    Original Author
    5 years ago

O.P. here. Wow. So many comments on this thread, even a year later! For the record, we still are really pleased with our Kraus sink and think it provided great bang for the buck. I'm also really glad we went with the single, large basin. The grid on the bottom has also been super functional and useful.

Zookeeper - that faucet is the Moen Solidad single-handle high-arc pull-out faucet in stainless. Unfortunately, it is not made anymore; it actually is a faucet we purchased several years ago. I considered buying a new one when we replaced the counters and sink, but couldn't find a well-reviewed faucet that I liked as much, never mind the cost. We did end up getting a part replacement from Moen because the pullout head was a bit loose, but they were great about it and stood behind their product. I'm glad we kept the faucet. You might try to browse eBay. We have had good luck with Moen faucets throughout our house. Like many companies, they might be suffering slightly from the "not as good as the old product" affliction, but overall they are still great, and their faucets don't cost a small fortune. Kohler faucets on the other hand - never again. We purchased a kitchen faucet from them (the predecessor to this Moen) that had a chemical reaction with our well water and leached foam into our drinking water! It was a known issue with that faucet, and the company replaced it, assuring me it wouldn't happen again. Well it did. They sent me the same junk. I was furious and they ended up issuing me a refund.

• zookeeper237
    5 years ago
    Wow! Thanks for that information. I was considering either a Moen or a Kohler. I don’t have the model names handy. I will also try to find a Kraus sink to look at. I’m glad you’re still happy with yours. Thanks so much for responding!
  • klhpyrz
    4 years ago

Late to the game here, Consumer Reports did a study and sound pads work better than overall spray for sound deadening.

• HU-44801641071
    9 months ago

Thank you for this post, its very helpful as I I'm currently remodeling my kitchen and have the question of Elkay Lustertone 40/60 or Elkay Crosstown 60/40.

• 2rickies
    7 months ago

@HU-44801641071 what did you end up choosing? I'm looking at the Elkay crosstown apron front.