SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drdavidge

Help with our dining area. Something doesn't look right!

drdavidge
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi, we just moved into a new apartment and ordered a bunch of new furniture for our dining area. We have a table, chairs, console/entry table, mirror, and chandelier to deal with. Full disclosure - we are not design people and have trouble imagining a space with online furniture in the actual space until it is here. After putting everything together and looking at it, something just doesn't seem right or match here. I can still return everything, though the console table may be harder to return. Don't let that impact your thoughts though. What would you do differently to make this area look better and have the furniture complement each other?

The table is the Valerie 63" table in gray but it comes in a driftwood color too. I think the driftwood may go better, but it may make the area look too woody. The textures/tones are similar but aren't the same, so not sure how that would look. You tell me, but we're open to other options if the table is the problem.

Please ignore the bookends next to the mirror, they are just holding it in place for now. The mirror will be mounted on the wall but I didn't want to mount it yet until we figured out if we would be keeping it and how the space should be laid out.

Also, we have these two chandelier options. I think the second one actually matches better with this setup but loved the first one in the store. We would probably change the bulbs out to small Edison bulbs or some other kind instead of the candle type.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts. Is it good as is? Would you change something? What would you change? Thanks!

Comments (35)