SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raee_gw

Has anyone bought eyeglasses online?

I need an adjustment in my prescription, but my hang up is not the cost (insurance will cover a lot or all, depending on how fancy I get) but the frames! Everyone seems to have the deeper (top to bottom) and oversized (wider) frames this year, which are not flattering on me.

I don't really like the lenses (progressive) that I got last year -- I never adjusted, they never were right for reading or laptop, just great for distance -- so much so that after 6 months of trying, before I traveled overseas last spring, I went to one of those "2 for $36" places and had them separate the distance and reading into 2 separate glasses. That worked fine, and I LOVE the shape of the frames on me, even though they don't fit well (because they are cheap!) -- made me realize that I don't really like the good frames on the progressives. Those are very pretty material, but the shape is wrong.

So I don't want to go back to the cheap place, don't want to re-use the quality frames, and can't find anything locally that is similar to the frames I love. Yeah I am being really picky, but I decided that I really want glasses that I think really flatter me instead of settling as I have had to for so many years.

I see frames that look like strong possibilities online, and they are name brand frames, that come in the correct size for me, but I wonder what experiences anyone has had with buying glasses online -- if you have, what company was it?

Comments (24)