SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smi6712

ADA Sink Selection Dilemma

smi6712
6 years ago

I am building a cabin with a commercial kitchen and the bathroom needs to be ADA compliant. I've selected the Sonoma Bridge Waterfall spout (12" wide, 10" from wall to end of spout). The top of the sink rim cannot exceed 34" from the floor. The clearance from the floor to the bottom of the vanity can not be less than 29". In essence I have 5 inches for the sink depth and vanity combined. It will be a custom vanity, thinking about wood ledge or surround.

Hard to find a vessel and keep within ADA compliance. Don't want a wall mount. I've searched high and low, looking for a sink with a rustic feel but no luck. Custom metal is not an option because of hard water issues.

I found a sink from Kohler's Purist collection with a 4" exterior depth, 23.5" wide and 24" long. The drain will be 8.75" from the wall. Although the faucet I've selected has an aerator, am still worried about splash. The interior depth is only 1.75". If the faucet is mounted at 36" (2 inches above the rim) does anyone think splash will be an issue? Anyone have the Purist sink?

Any thoughts or other sink options? Thanks!

Comment