SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
princessfaith82

Help Needed to Honor My Husband and Caretaker

Sarah
6 years ago
I realize that it is a long shot that anyone will likely read this, or be willing/capable of helping me give back to my husband/caretaker; but Mike Ford has and continues to be a rock, and I believe that he needs to be recognized. To understand fully what I mean, I must give some back story.
I have been chronically ill since I was a small child with GI issues. The older I got, the worse it became. I was so sick at the end of college, that I ended up moving home with my parents and completing my degree online.
It was at this time I reconnected with my first love Mike. It was an instant connection, and though I warned him off due to my illness, he continued to pursue me, and we were married 1.5 years later.
My health continued to fail, I ended up on LTD, and have had many life altering surgeries, including a small bowel transplant. We have now been married over 11 years, have a 4 year old little boy, and Mike is still doing his best to move mountains to keep our fragile world stable. Mike was so supportive through all of these experiences. He read up on medical literature, helped change ostomy appliances, dressed wounds, aided in my TPN, etc. He constantly reminded me of how beautiful I was and am to him, even as he packed my wounds. Mike constantly sacrifices for our family and friends, never getting to completely relax. We can't truly travel as a family due to my health, but I know he'd love it if we could bring paradise home in the form of a backyard pool oasis retreat or having our basement finished. We desperately need happy memories with each other due to the precariousness of my health. I'm due to have another extensive surgery on February 7, and as I write this I am currently admitted inpatient at the Cleveland Clinic due to my failing health. Again the burden is falling on Mike. We just need a miracle and something positive to look forward to. Any assistance or help in surprising my husband, and to make the most of the time we have left together would be the greatest gift we could receive. I truly appreciate your time and consideration. Love, Sarah Morehart Ford

Comment (1)