SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happyday321

Backsplash update and, Trimble or no Trimble?

happyday321
6 years ago

Hello! Some of you helped me earlier when I was trying to find a backsplash. Thank you! We decided on sonomatilemaker canlis framed behind the range and a matching subway tile elsewhere! I am currently debating whether to put a horizontal “soldier course” at the base with a Trimble above, and regular brick style subway above that. I think the dots on the Trimble are so pretty but am I overdoing it now?

Photo shows the color I picked (daydream) to go with counters and cabinets, and I will be doing matching color 3x6 subway tile elsewhere.

Comments (3)

• barncatz
    6 years ago

Go for it. If you were wondering if you should do it to fit a trend or style, my reaction might be different. But you think it's pretty (and I agree).

When we built our house in 2005, we used large tiles that looked like Corten steel for counters and up the wall. I put a tile border, similar to what you're considering, for no reason other than I loved it when I saw it. In 2016, we had to replace counters and walls because our range died. But in those 11 years, as backsplash ideas changed and borders became less popular, I never tired of ours.

happyday321 thanked barncatz
  • sedona_heaven
    6 years ago

I am not in general a fan of borders so no useful opinion to offer, but I just want to say how much I love your colors! Beautiful! It's going to be gorgeous however you decide.

• happyday321
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks! I am very excited! So appreciative of this forum which helped me find these tiles