SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvncannin

Moving purging organizing help

6 years ago

Hi all its been a year since I posted here and was going to build a tiny house custom to me. Well things change lol. I accepted a position which includes a house and since its just me it will be perfect as I regroup and begin anew.
The very small house has 2 bedrooms and no storage outside at all. Since I have been living in a camper I am used to having only what I need handy but I am dealing with an overwhelming amount of stuff that was in my storage. I went from 3br home to camper . I wanted to do Konmari style however I can not get all like items in one spot at one time lol. So I am purging but already can see I am keeping too many things. I am not desiring to be minimalist however I am needing to greatly simplify and only keep what is truly necessary. For instance I usually only keep 20 tops. That is for work everyday etc, ALL. I can not seem to find organizational info for the in between. Somewhere between minimalism and 200 shirts.

So the questions are has anyone simplified their belongings and what are your storage solutions for closets? I will have no furniture in the bedrooms for storage.
And does anyone have suggestions for kitchen storage? Lower cabinets are difficult to maneuver for me and I do not have a huge budget right now with the move and all. And of course my canning/food preservation takes priority!
Thanks all ahead. I always enjoy reading here even if I don't post very often.
Kim

Comments (12)