SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elaine4305

Kitchen Backsplash Woes- advice needed

Jackie B.
6 years ago

Hello, we have been going round and round with our builder about the backsplash (among other lingering blue tape items) for months. The tile sub-contractors came and popped out and replaced the tiles that were sticking out the farthest, but didn't address other issues. We still are not satisfied, but they say it's just the light playing tricks. I really don't think it was done properly and the builder must know the sub-contractor hasn't been doing suitable work since he's not going to be using them for future work. Yet he wants the original company to fix it (understandable from business standpoint), but we we still need it done right. I don't feel we're being unreasonable, but I want to make sure we're not having unreasonable expectations. Any opinions on whether the attached photos show legitimate issues would be greatly appreciated. We let them try their "patch" job, but I think the whole thing may need to be re-done- it's like they didn't use spacers or levels... or plan it out right. Thoughts? TIA

(Trying again, didn't seem to post- hopefully not a duplicate)

Comments (15)