SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meg_j_studios

Help: advice needed choosing backsplash for kitchen

Meg_J_Studios
12 years ago

Hi, I'm new to the forums but have lurked for years and learned so much. We are almost done with our new kitchen and are stuck on backsplash. I would appreciate any help or advice you all have to offer.

We have Jim Bishop off-white beaded-inset cabinets with polished seafoam green granite countertop for the perimeter and a cherry island stained Java with Finlandia green soapstone. Our floors are a medium stained red oak hardwood. The walls are BM Spanish Olive, a light sage-y green, and we have bright white trim. Our cabinets have glass knobs from The Great Indoors (total deal), and we have satin nickel bin pulls on our dishwasher (paneled to match the cabinets) and a column of three deep drawers in our baking station. We have a white farmhouse sink from Belle Foret and a Kohler satin nickel faucet.

We are having difficulty choosing a backsplash. We are thinking subway tile. I love Carrera marble and Calcutta Gold marble. I think the Carrera has too much grey for the off-white of our cabinets, but Calcutta Gold has enough beiges and browns that it works with the cabinet color. My concern is that it might compete too much with the granite. Another option we were considering is a warm white ceramic subway tile that is in-between the bright white of the trim and sink and the off-white of the cabinets. Any thoughts?

I am new to the forum so not sure how posting pictures will go, but I'll try. These pictures do not have all the hardware in, nor is the dishwasher panel in.

Sink

View of the island with the perimeter

Here's a web address to more pictures:

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/Meg_J_Studios/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (14)