SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emlouhall

Cabinet Company can't accommodate Integrated Theramador fridge panels?

emlouhall
6 years ago

So I'm confused, and I've been doing a bit of research and still can't quite figure out what the issue is. We're doing overlay cabinets (the cabinet maker we selected doesn't do inset, which is fine as overlay better fit our budget). But we've been planning on a built in look for the fridge, we first looked at DCS and then decided on Thermador integrated. Our cabinet people are now saying that they no longer make panels for the integrated fridge, but now it's also sounding like the built-in look we were going for isn't possible either, if we were to have stuck with the overlay built-in fridge instead. The fridge is at the far end of cabinet bank, so it will be framed in with an endcap so to speak. I wouldn't mind the stainless look, but it's right next to our dining room and visible when you walk in the front door, so we thought paneled would just look more clean, finished and less in your face. So, the question is, should we look for a different cabinet company who can do the inset look for the integrated fridge? And although I love inset cabinets, if it doesn't fit our budget, would overlay cabinets look weird if the fridge were done inset? Like I said, it's the end of a bank of uppers and lowers with countertop, so it won't be flanked on either side with flush cabinets.....thoughts, advice? I'm just not feeling confident that our current cabinet people can achieve a clean enough look with the overlay built-in fridge. Very frustrating, wish they would have told us at the beginning of the process what they would and wouldn't do when it came to built-in paneling for appliances.

The exact fridge model is:

T36IT900NP

36-INCH BUILT-IN FRENCH DOOR BOTTOM FREEZER

FREEDOM® COLLECTION, PANEL-READY

Comments (26)