SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_15017

True Confessions - I have Garden Web no-nos

User
6 years ago

Lurker, not poster, on this particular forum, as my project is a big reno, but not a new build. I didn't want to derail the awesome Bad floor plans thread, so thought I'd confess the two big Garden Web no-nos that I have in my project.

Confession 1: I built a large 2 car garage directly in front of my house. Now granted we are high up a hill so it's not a prominent street level feature, and we've incorporated a roof deck to take advantage of some ocean views, but I still squirm about it a bit. I'll also do some foundation plantings to soften the front. (Photo added).

Confession 2: Our master closet is accessed through our bathroom. However, it also has an additional door exiting into a hallway, so that an early riser can get up, shower, and get dressed, and never re-enter the bedroom. I always use my bathroom fan and keep the adjoining door closed while showering, and don't anticipate any moisture problems.

Leaving these no-nos aside, I take lots of advice from this forum and think it's one of the best on the web. Thanks to all regular posters!

Comments (121)