SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

I have a confession to make...Les, you around?

Oakley
14 years ago

Remember the Finger Sandwich topic I did last year that became heated because I said "Ick" to Mayonaise and other foods I don't like? Seriously, when I say "ick" regarding food, it's in jest, I'm laughing when I say it.

The topic became a Mayo vs. Miracle Whip debate. I was for Miracle Whip all the way, Les too. I hated Mayo with a passion!

I ended up making the sandwiches with Mayo, and boy were they good. I have NOT used Miracle Whip on anything except Grilled Cheese sandwiches since! I use Mayo on anything that calls for Mayo or MW.

In fact, MW has become too sweet for me!

Another tidbit. I always used sweet pickle relish in my "salad" sandwiches. One day I noticed how good a tuna salad sandwich was that I had made that day. I looked and I had accidentally bought Dill Pickle Relish instead of the Sweet Pickle Relish! Now I'm hooked on the DP relish!

What is the southern Mayo that some of you swear by? I remember looking it up and found I could order it online and now I'd like to try some!

I am a Mayo convert for life. Howevery, I do think it's an acquired taste, like Martini's. :)

Comments (21)