SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
s_lanz

Help with additional seating in Great Room

s_lanz
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I’m seeking opinions for my Great Room. This sunken room is approx 18’ wide x 15’ which is seen from almost every room on the main floor. None of the furniture backs or will back onto walls.

I already have a 9’ wide RH tufted leather sofa (Kensington in colour ‘Glove’) which I love, love, love! It was the only sofa my husband and I could agree on...traditional enough to suit my taste, and masculine enough to suit his. My latest purchase is the cocktail table (wood top, brass finish). The envious paper blinds will be replaced drapery with 2 simple panels in a neutral taupe silk with Euro pleats and decorator rod, flanking each window (so 6 in total).

The 2 slipper chairs are being borrowed from my Master Bedroom (so they are not staying) because we needed more seating until I make some furniture decisions.

Initially I was thinking I would get 2 wing chairs in front of the doors (facing the fireplace), and 2 low back/armless accent chairs to face the sofa.

More recently I started entertaining the idea of doing a second Kensington sofa instead of the wing chairs. However, I can only go 6’ wide in front of the doors (facing the fireplace). My sofa with leather comes in a 7’ wide size, not 6’. To get 6’ size, RH only offers it with Belgian linen in the colour ‘sand’ (similar to the slipper chairs I have in there now). They also offer two similar styles accent chairs in the same fabric. I‘m Considering the 6’ linen sofa and the 2 matching accent chairs also in the linen.

Any opinions on the additional seating will be appreciated. I‘m concerned that having the same sofa in different material/colour could be a design faux pas?

Comments (15)