SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmcg123

Wall Mount TV

kmcg123
6 years ago

Recently bought a bit bigger TV and plan to mount on the wall between my 2 kitchen windows. Will need to rout the cable from the cabinet on the far right and will hide the cable and power cable in the wall. There is already a power outlet on the wall where the TV will go and there is an existing outlet in the cabinet on the right.

Took the shelf down and was going to tape off where I want the TV mounted. It is is an exterior wall and it feel warm there. Does that mean I have hot water pipes or my gas heating in that wall? Will that prevent me from mounting the tv there or putting the cable and power wires in that wall? I would think that the cable will be routed close to the counter (getting backsplash replaced) after mounting TV. It's an old house and the walls are plaster. As you can tell I don't really have much knowledge about these things!

Second question : do you think I can keep the cable box in the cabinet off to the right? It's a deep cabinet - going to take the door off use it as a book shelf.

The wall between the windows is really the only place to mount a TV on the wall. Didn't think it would be too much of an issue but now concerned it might be.

Comments (7)